Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
$242
$224
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$180
$192
$176
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
$179
$279
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
Official Hotel
1,374 results
All reviewstasting roombrabo restaurantterrace suiteclaw foot tubking streetold town alexandriarain showerwine hourbathroom doorwine receptioncomplimentary winedc areamini barhappy hourvalet parkingshops and restaurantsevery evening
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Just returned from the Lorien Hotel and Spa and loved it! Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was on the smaller side but an upgrade wasn't available because the hotel was fully booked. It was still a nice room. The marble floors in the bathroom and shower were incredible. The frosted glass door to the bathroom was unique and beautiful. The King-sized bed was so comfortable that this stressed out mom slept like a rock! We enjoyed the delicious mussels in the Brabo Tasting Room and had wonderful service there. And I cannot say enough about my facial with Ludmila at the Lorien Spa! It was a wonderful, soothing experience.

Hotel is within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. When we returned to our room after shopping, there was a lovely hand-written note, bottle of spring water, and RW's chocolate-covered Belgian waffle for a night treat. It was a great surprise from Paula the concierge!

Some negatives during our stay -- From inside our room we you could hear the doors from other rooms being opened and closed. Overnight parking fee is high at $25. We had to call room service for ice. Our room had only one small window. And our breakfast order from room service took almost an hour. Otherwise, we cannot wait to return some day!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We traveled to Alexandria for a weekend without kids and had a wonderful trip. The hotel staff were helpful, the room and hotel were immaculate, and the free in-room computer and internet access was very helpful in allowing us to identify local restaurants and reviews quickly. We could control the room temperature and the room (and view) was pleasant and comfortable. The only thing we can say that was unusual was that we had to ask the front desk to bring us ice since there was no access to ice machines even though the room had a nice insulated stainless steel ice bucket.

Lastly, we could walk on King St. and to nearby activities without a need to drive which was exactly what we wanted. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed for 4 nights at the new Lorien Hotel & Spa and would definitely return. The new hotel is beautifully decorated with a minimalist-type of design. I stayed in suite 301 - a very large, spacious space with a living room, separate bedroom and large bath with incredible shower. This suite also has a large terrace overlooking King Street. There were two large flatscreen TVs and a computer for internet access. Just heavenly. The staff are all quite friendly, and concierge Paula Callahan made me feel especially welcome. The Brabo restaurant is excellent and I really enjoyed the smaller Brabo Tasting Room next door (try the mussels!). On my next trip I hope to have time for some spa treatments.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This is a beautiful hotel located at the quiet end of King Street. The courtyard area and the lobby are just breath taking. There is only a few minute walk to the Metro Station. About 25 minute walk down the street to the harbour and water front. However you may take a free trolley if you do not feel like walking. This was my first trip to Washington D.C. and we decided to stay at Lorien Hotel based on the prior reviews. The staff was very friendly , attentive and accomodating. We got a corner room with a small window that did not allow too much light inside. I decided to ask if there were any other rooms available with a little more light inside so we could switch. The staff was extremely helpful and they gave us a bigger room with hudge windows and much more light inside instead. Modern furniture, comfortable beds and spacious bathroom. Unfortunatelly we stayed not long enough to be able to enjoy the other amenities the hotel offers. I am already looking forward to my next visit this fall. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We recently had our wedding at the Lorien Hotel & Spa and everything was just perfect! first of all, the setting is just magnificent! We had our ceremony outside on the terrace. The reception room was located off of the terrace so that our guests can go outside if they wanted to during and after the dinner. It was such a pretty night that everyone went outside after the reception with a glass of wine and sat near the fire place. I really want to thank the Banquet team of Scott Moon and Martina Buenaventura who made planning so easy without any stress. Their enthusiasm and friendly disposition made this such a fun event for us to plan. They were so organized and their follow up to every phone call and email was extremely prompt. The reception was catered by BRABO, the Lorien's signature restaurant. All I can say is FABULOUS! Our guests are still raving about the food and the presentation was just beautiful. My husband and I will definitely be dining there on a regular basis. I also want to thank Kate (the pastry chef), who was such a pleasure to work with. We decided a week before the wedding that in addition to the wonderful dessert, that we wanted to have a wedding cake. She met with us to discuss what type of cake we wanted and made some suggestions as well. All at the last minute! She did such an amazing job and everyone commented on how delicious the cake was. I don't want to leave out Rafii the Banquet Captain, who was so professional and ensured that EVERYTHING was in order and that all of our guests were happy. AND BELIEVE ME, THEY WERE HAPPY! Thanks to all of the staff of the Lorien for making this a very memorable event for us and our guests!

• Stayed: May 2009