Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
  • Room Service
$180
$161
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$127
$101
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$149
$197
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Room Service
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$129
$110
Official Hotel
1,367 results
All reviewstasting roombrabo restaurantterrace suiteclaw foot tubking streetold town alexandriarain showerwine hourbathroom doorwine receptioncomplimentary winedc areamini barhappy hourvalet parkingshops and restaurantsevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2014

What a charming place! Everything is just right at the Lorien. The atmosphere is pleasant and friendly. The resturant BRABO by Robert Wiedmaier was so good we ate there three times. The service and food was superb.
This hotel is on King Street a perfect location to walk off into shops, toward the riverfront and in the other direction to mass transit.
The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tobias A, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear E B,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our great restaurant.

Please come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel looks great and has a nice (expensive) restaurant and bar with a great wine tasting room with breakfast opportunities. Sadly, the rooms don't match up at all. Most annoying, the bathroom door slides open but leaves an inch opening on each side. Unless you are alone it is very uncomfortable. The desk with chair is at the end of the bed and if someone used the desk, the other person needs to climb on the bed to get by. The only electric outlet in the main room was at floor level. In this day of electronic, that is not acceptable. The light in the bathroom was marginal, difficult to shave. There was a tiny closet and 3 very small drawers that were not adequate for two people there for more that one night. There was only one side table. The room size was fine except for the above mentioned traffic flow issue. Also, there was only one bathrobe for 2 people. For all the hoopla and high ratings, we expected much more. Others in our group voiced the same concerns, especially about the weird bathroom door.

Room Tip: Unless they have some rooms with real bathroom doors and have added electrical outlets, I have no suggestion.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan B
Tobias A, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hello Dan B,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay and that your experience fell short of your last visit with us.
Please contact me directly if you are planning to return to our area. We have many different room types at our hotel and I would love to assist you in finding one that best fits your needs.

Respectfully,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I live locally in Alexandria, and have used the spa and restaurants at the Lorien Hotel, but never stayed overnight. When choosing a location for a small bachelorette weekend, the Lorien seemed perfect - and it was! I have worked with Kimptons locally for other events, so I went through my contact in reservations, Josh Cummings, who was as helpful as always!

Our only requests were for connecting rooms and an early check-in and the Lorien was able to accommodate both of those. The rooms were perfectly decorated and clean. Room service promptly brought door stops to keep the doors open between the rooms. But the best part of all was a hand-written card to our bachelorette with a bottle of champagne on ice and two boxes of macarons!

I will definitely be referring out-of-town guests to the Lorien from here on out and look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Tobias A, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hello MKBarry27,

Thank you for choosing the Lorien Hotel & Spa for your bachelorette weekend.
I’m thrilled that we were able to make your girls weekend a fun one.
Please let know if you need any suggestions on wedding locations. I might know just the right spot ;-)

Congratulations,

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Just one block from the King Street metro, this is a beautiful, light, bright, European style hotel (in fact it bears an uncanny resemblance to the Apex Trample Court in London). The front desk staff was warm and friendly as soon as we arrived. They all greeted us with "happy anniversary" when we said the name on our reservation, then they put us in a gorgeous corner room and even sent strawberries and bubbly to room!! We stay at Kimptons for the unique design and exemplary service (this is our third Kimpton in Old Town in 7 months), and this one surpassed our expectations! As veteran travelers, it's nice to still be pleasantly surprised by superb service and accommodations. Thank you for making our 19th anniversary a standout!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear zeldawannabe,

Happy 19th anniversary! I’m excited that our team was able to make this important day a standout. I just looked the Apex Trample Court Hotel in London up online. What a beautiful property. I fully agree with you. It indeed has some similarities with our hotel. Any plans for you big 20th anniversary? We would love to have you back!

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this awesome review.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Everything about our stay at Lorien was wonderful. The room was clean and modern, but with character. I am very picky about hotel rooms and notice every little thing that housekeeping overlooks or that is not in perfect condition, and I literally did not notice a single thing here that was not to my liking. The service was great, they accommodated our children well, and we enjoyed the wine happy hour as well! I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kruzingtogether

Thank you kruzingtogether!

Getting such awesome positive feedback means a lot to us, especially when it comes from a road worrier like you. I’m thrilled that we hit a homerun with you recent stay and we can’t wait to welcome you and your family back soon.

Sincerely