Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
$192
$149
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$162
$206
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
ComfortInn
$153
$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Official Hotel
$299
Orbitz.com
$275
$246
1,375 results
All reviewstasting roombrabo restaurantterrace suiteclaw foot tubking streetold town alexandriarain showerwine hourbathroom doorwine receptioncomplimentary winedc areamini barhappy hourvalet parkingshops and restaurantsevery evening
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had some unexpected down time while traveling, stayed at the Lorien for two nights. I upgraded my room and the cavernous bathroom was so much fun!!! I had a tiny deck just above the courtyard, which was cool. It was great having all the newspapers RIGHT THERE and the staff were SO helpful. Great location. Both restaurant sites were top notch.

Room Tip: This room didn't have a door between the bathroom and the living room, so it's not for everyone. And I think some people have complained here that the room is dark. But there is SO MUCH SPACE and it's just a really unique, fun room. :-)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello Jannel43,

That’s awesome that you had some time to relax and especially in one of our upgraded suite bathrooms. I am glad you enjoyed your terrace with courtyard view, as well as our location near the Metro, and accommodating staff.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was absolutely impressed with this hotel and spa. Massage was fantastic and professional. Dining was scrumptious (breakfast)! Room was beautiful, clean, and quiet. Location was perfect. Staff was prompt and friendly. Room service was also prompt and attentive. Hank's restaurant nearby was great for lobster roll and oysters - smart casual dress. Seriously can't believe we never stayed here before - night away with husband away from kids - will be back more often!!

Room Tip: Not great for babies.. were some well behaved older children - but is a quieter resort… we saw lots of couples and adults
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hi Elisa G,

Thanks for choosing us for your mini-staycation with your husband. It appears you did it all, from a relaxing massage at our spa, to a delightful breakfast at BRABO. We’ll be here for you when you need to recharge the batteries again.

Cordially,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Lorien Hotel is an absolutely wonderful place to stay while visiting Alexandria and DC. The staff are so friendly, helpful and professional. The room was gorgeous - modern in design and immaculately clean. We didn't want to leave!

The front desk (in particular, Sean) were genuinely interested in making sure our stay in the area was a success. They made suggestions about where to eat and engaged in conversations with us on our experiences at the various museums and monuments. I also want to mention that the car valet service was fantastic - the guys were so nice!

I have no doubt that I'll be staying at the Lorien again. I loved it, and I'm confident that others will enjoy their stay as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello Andrea M,

I was so pleased you found our staff to be very accommodating, while being so friendly, especially Shane at the Front Desk and our Valet team. I am glad you enjoyed the modern décor of the hotel and how clean it was.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was my first experience at a Kimpton hotel but won't be my last. My sister-in-law is a loyal Kimpton patron and I can see why. The hotel is wonderful and the service is excellent. Their loyalty program is amazing and definitely inspires me to always check for a Kimpton first.

We were upgraded to a lovely suite that had an amazing terrace. We enjoyed wine and free drinks on a great evening. We had drinks and mussels at the tasting bar next door - and again the service was just great. We had all forgotten a couple of items - toothpaste etc and they happily provided what we needed at no charge. The room was huge - the shower amazing!

The location is terrific - able to just walk up King Street to all the shops and restaurants in the area. Alexandria itself is a great spot. There was a farmer's market on Saturday morning - lots of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as art and other items for sale.

Alexandria is a great spot for part of a weekend in the DC area. I'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelgirl201077
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi travelgirl201077,

We are honored to have been your first Kimpton experience, and happy to note there will be more of them in future. I am glad you enjoyed our evening wine reception and then went on to dine at our BRABO Tasting Room. Our location is certainly ideal for walking along King Street to window shop, or to head just two blocks to the Metro station, which will take you up to DC.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

A mixed bag of positives and negatives at this property. The rooms are average; clean, comfortable, small with little closet and drawer space. The bathroom is modern and stylish; therefore, it is not user friendly. Water gets everywhere and there is no privacy--basically a sliding opaque glass door separates the bathroom from the room. The food is good but very expensive--go across the street for breakfast. No garage. Street parking is tough during the day, because all of the meters are two-hours max. Valet parking is available, but again expensive. Thankfully at night, parking on the street is free. Staff is friendly and prompt. An ok property, but I stayed at better places nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TLCJJB

Dear TLCJJB,

I am glad you enjoyed your clean and comfortable guest room, and I appreciate your feedback on the modern look and feel of some of our bathroom elements. We have two dining options, BRABO and the BRABO Tasting Room, which offer you exceptional meals at different price points. As you indicated we only offer valet parking, but you may be able to locate street parking.

We await your next visit,