“Top Notch Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Top Notch Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently held my small wedding ceremony on the terrace of the Presidential Suite, and had the reception in the hotel's Independence Room. The service I received from my first call to the hotel until the last box was packed in my car was exceptional. Every single person on the staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. My guests were thrilled with the accommodations and the food, and the location is ideal. The event coordinator, Tara Justice, was a dream to work with. She made sure everything went off without a hitch. I highly recommend the Lorien, whether you need an event space or just a place to stay. It is tops in every category.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, get a room with a terrace. The Diplomat and Presidential suites are amazing.
1 Thank MBinNoVa
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear MBinNoVa,

Congratulations on your recent wedding, and thank you for selecting the Lorien Hotel & Spa! I was thrilled to note you received excellent service from our entire staff, and especially from Tara. I am glad you and your guests enjoyed their guest rooms, our cuisine and our ideal location on King Street.

We hope to see you before a first anniversary visit,

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Minster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Lorien Hotel for 4 nights starting Saturday September 15 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel staff was always friendly, attentive and courteous. Sweet Pete at the front desk was especially helpful, providing great and always helpful travel recommendations.

We were provided an excellent, clean room with an excellent view.

Most days we took advantage of the hotels proximity (1 block) to the metro, but one day we took advantage of the hotel also being close to the Mt Vernon Bike Trail and rode the Hotel's loaner cruisers (bicycles) to ride the trail to Arlington National Cemetery and into Washington for easy access to many of the monuments. This trail also provides an excellent opportunity to set at the end of a runway at Ronald Reagan Airport. This loop encompasses about a 20 mile round trip but provides great views all the way.

1 Thank rohrone
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear rohrone,

Sounds like you had a very active visit by using the hotel’s bicycles to trek up into DC to see the monuments, or to hop on the Metro. I was pleased to note Pete was very helpful with offering spot on travel recommendations. I am glad you found your accommodations to be clean and that you enjoyed the view.

We hope to see you again before your next anniversary!

Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had planned an overnight trip to celebrate my sister's birthday. The Lorien exceeded my expectations!! The valet staff set the tone by their prompt courteous response....Peter (a front desk staffer) was an EXCELLENT representative for the entire company---he was so professional/reassuring and adamant that I allow him to ensure that our brief visit be everything we desired for our celebration...no request was deemed too small or, unimportant--even a request for additional face cloths.
The room decor was lovely...the Brabo restaurant dining experience was worth the prices...the Spa treatment was calming and just ahhhhhhhhh !! (see Matthew for exceptional service) We loved the fact that family pets are welcomed also....can't wait to return for a longer visit. My only small critique was the lack of a floor lamp in the living room area.
Treat yourselves to a delightful experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorraine T
Dear Lorraine T,

I am so pleased you received excellent and thoughtful service from Peter at our Front Desk, in addition to Matthew from the Spa for your sister’s birthday weekend. It’s nice to note that you enjoyed your meal in our BRABO restaurant. I appreciate your feedback about the floor lamp.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had a "girls sleepover" at the Lorien for my birthday, September 15, 2012. I and my guests had an AWESOME time. We had no complaints! To start the hotel is located in the heart of Old Towne Alexandria (walking distance to everything!). Next, the accommodations were perfect! We had conjoined rooms so we were able to have so much space and comfortability. Last, however most important, the staff was soooo accomodating. Tiffani and Brandon checked us in with wonderful, inviting smiles. They acted as if we were regular guests. Any requests we had, they fulfilled immediately. I loved it so much, I'm already planning my next weekend getaway at the Lorien and I live in Alexandria.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Cinama.

I am so pleased to note you had a splendid “girls” birthday weekend with us, and that you received excellent and caring service from Tiffani & Brandon. I am glad you made the most of our location on King Street to walk around and see all the shops and restaurants.

We eagerly await your return visit,

seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We finished a two week stay in DC and Virginia with two nights at the Lorien. Customer service is one of the reasons we often choose Kimpton hotels and the Lorien did not disappoint. In particular Tiffani who was at the front desk during our stay and David who was one of the valets. Both were went above and beyond. The hotel itself is tucked into a beautiful courtyard off of busy King street. You are right in Historic Alexandria without the noise. I would also recommend the food at Brabo. We ate there both nights and were not disappointed. We would definitely stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear smnSeattle,

I was thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that Tiffani and David took such wonderful care of you. I am glad you enjoyed our entry courtyard setting and experienced wonderful meals in BRABO.

We look forward to your next visit,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was thrilled to return to the Lorien Hotel and Spa in Alexandria. From the moment I arrived the staff did everythingthat they possibly could to assure my stay was perfection. Upon check-in, I was welcomed back by several staff members--what a lovely way to begin a holiday--with warmth and personalized service. During their greeting someone remembered that while not on vacation I work many hours and drove a long way to reach the Lorien, and subsequently asked if I would like a glass of wine. Again, they demonstrated the epitome of ideal service. My room was immaculate and well-appointed. And, most importantly my puppies were treated like celebrities. Thank you team Lorien! I am already looking forward to another grand stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Bess_Marvin_NYC,

I am glad we had the opportunity to welcome you back and that you had another perfect stay. I was pleased to note you were recognized by our staff and that we had a glass of wine in your hands within moments of your arrival!

We await your next return visit,

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

All the reviews are correct! The staff worked hard to ensure that I was having a nice time. This property is very close to everything that you want to do. Want to catch the Metro? Well it's 300 yards away! Want great food? Everything your mouth desires you can probably find on King Street. 4 stars all the way!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear galen w,

I am thrilled you concur and that you received fabulous service from our staff. I am glad you found our location convenient to the King Street Metro stop as well as all the shops and restaurants in Old Town.

We look forward to your next visit,