“cute local spot”

Edgardo's Trattoria
Ranked #601 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 15, 2014

great white pizza appetizer. looking for a local spot and found this in a shopping strip center. very reasonable

1  Thank mary s

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I found this place randomly after craving some pasta and searching for pasta on Yelp. Edgardo was ranked first, so I decided to try it out. I ordered their shrimp, scallops, and clams pasta in the spicy tomato wine sauce. It was so good that I had three weeks in a row after that. I was pleasantly surprised by the bread that comes with it. It's slightly sweet and pretty good. I've dined in as well as had it delivered. The delivery service took about 45 minutes to an hour, which was a long time to wait when you're hungry, but the pasta was still hot and bread was still warm. Overall, we didn't have any issues with the service when we dined in. One waitress was friendly and even gave us more bread. This is our go-to place now when we want seafood pasta.

1  Thank monkichi21
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food was not good and the service/atmosphere was terrible. I gave this place three chances: dine-in twice and takeout once. I will NEVER go to this place again even though it is right around the corner.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food is quite good ... fresh, tasty, homemade.

But the delivery sucks at every hour of the day, lunch, dinner, etc. You are told 45mins but food does not come in less than 1:15-1:30 and the staff are really rude, to the point of hanging up, when you call to inquire. Makes it not worth the hassle in the end for delivery. I don't need to be lied to, then hung up on.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Although my wife and I live on the other side of Alexandria, Edgardo's is our "go to" place for takeout pizza.

Edgardo's is located in a recently refurbished shopping plaza along South Van Dorn Street in the west end of town. Admittedly, the restaurant's decor is straight out of the late 1980s or early 1990s and could use some attention.

Edgardo's uses a wood-fired oven to bake their pizzas. The dough is cooked to perfection, and the toppings are both fresh and generously applied. Favorites include the roasted potato and chicken, spinach and tomato white, and BBQ chicken pizzas.

I cannot comment on the dining ambience or service, but the owners have always been pleasant and attentive when we've stopped by to pick up our orders.

The D.C. area has few pizzerias that offer a superior product at a great value. Edgardo's is one of those establishments.

1  Thank YankeePeddler1978