“Perfection -- Food and Service”
Review of Bastille

Bastille
Reserve with OpenTable
Bastille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bashford Lane / Third St
Transit: Braddock Road Metro (closest with cab ride) or King Street Metro (with cab ride)
Description: Since 2006, Chefs Christophe and Michelle Poteaux's award winning brasserie and wine bar located in Old Town Alexandria has continued to offer guests a contemporary spin on French cuisine set within a sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere. The Poteaux's creations are sparked by the use of seasonal, locally sourced and farm fresh ingredients. With an expansive wine list, unique draught and bottled beer selections and creative cocktails, Bastille has a little something for everyone
Washington, DC
“Perfection -- Food and Service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food was absolutely fantastic. It may be a bit more expensive than other restaurants but it is truly a classic French restaurant with plenty of food on the plate (and the plating itself is stunning). The food is fresh and cooked to perfection. Every course is memorable ... but make sure you save room for dessert. HIGHLY recommend the chocolate truffle cake with blackberry ice cream, it is to die for.

Service is A+. My waitress was outstanding but if another server saw my ice tea glass less than half full, they immediately filled it. The dining room itself is quiet and inviting. I appreciate that it is truly "intimate" -- very welcoming. I also appreciated that, as a solo diner, I was treated well and not rushed (and that isn't always the case in certain high-end restaurants).

• Visited August 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Exceptional Meal & Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just celebrated our 10-year anniversary at this wonderful little restaurant on the outskirts of Old Town. The owner is also the head chef; his wife is the co-owner and pastry chef. We started with delicious shrimp beignets and a lovely salad of greens, roasted fresh peaches and a goat cheese cromesqui (little fried patty). My entree was simply spectacular - a frech paella of lobster, scallops and mussels. I closed my eyes and hummed while eating it - honestly it was that good. Dessert was good too - a noisette du chocolat, with these little chocolate and rice crunchies on top. Keep in mind that the menu changes with available local ingredients, so I can't promise that "my" paella will be there, but you must try it if it is. Even the staff was great - our french-speaking waitress was very informative and the sommelier picked out a perfect wine. I suspect we will return often. Our kudos and thanks to Bastille!

• Visited August 2013
Windermere, Florida
“Wonderful lunch, looking forward to returning!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have lived in Alexandria for a year and finally made it to Bastille, I am so sorry to have waited so long. The restaurant is lovely, indoor and outdoor seating was available. Since it is located off the beaten path, the outdoor seating is very pleasant and quiet. The menu is wide ranging, but I did order my favorite, the Salad Nicoise. It was topped with freshly grilled fish and simply delicious. I look forward to returning, service was excellent and there are discounts being offered, as if I needed an incentive!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank GOarmywife
Wilson, North Carolina
“Great ambience, good choices”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We ordered the chefs "paired" menu which came with their selection of wines and we were quite disappointed in their choices. We love the food at Bastille but will only order wines of our choosing in the future. They have an excellent wine list which intrigued us with the idea of their pairings. The restaurant was gracious to seat us ahead of our reservations and the service is done by trained wait staff. It is a gem of a restaurant...just beware the paired menu....

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda M
The Villages, Florida
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Haven't been here for quite some time but was pleasantly surprised the food was still quite good. We had the lunch pre-fixe for $29 which includes an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I had a warm goat cheese with arugula, Meditteranean seabass with salad Nicoise which had fresh anchovy and home made ice cream. My wife enjoyed foie gras terrine, mussels and tatin with ginger icecream. A glass of Sancerre for her and Gruner Vetliner for me was just right. The day was muggy so stayed inside instead of the outside seating which we enjoy. Since this place is not on the main drag of Old Town, you have to make a point of visiting there. More powers to them.

• Visited July 2013