All reviewsold townfull kitchenfree shuttleeisenhower metrometro tracksone bedroom suitewhole foodsking streetbusiness districton site parkingfront desk staffunderground garageoatmealan extended stayduke streetcomplimentary breakfastfew blocks
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a lovely property. When my original hotel overbooked they put me here and the room was both spacious and well appointed. The bed was cozy and comfortable. Breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast, but nice for all that. The only quibble was the front desk agent was a little abrupt upon check in. All in all I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback regarding my spacious, cozy, and comfortable hotel. I am glad that you got an opportunity to experience us for your future choices. Everybody loves our wider than average full American breakfast and the extensive selections that we provide, I am glad that you enjoyed it. I am delighted that you are recommending us, and we appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you again when you return for your next visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My parents and I went to DC for a long weekend to visit family in Alexandria. After researching TA on all nearby hotels, this hotel had the best value and location. I was fortunate to score a AAA room discount, which included free parking and 2 metro day passes. For a few more dollars, I went for the one-bedroom suite and it allowed us some extra space and privacy. We were lucky to score a corner room where the bathroom was accessible from the living room (a previous reviewer had mentioned a different layout). The kitchen also came in handy after spending the day in DC and we wanted to sit for a minute and enjoy a cup of tea.

The nearest Metro station is on the yellow line, about a 15-minute walk. My mom had knee surgery last year but she was absolutely fine with the distance. On the rainy second day, we opted to use the free shuttle. The driver happened to be available and we didn't have to wait and he was very friendly. On our last day, we returned from dinner and my garage key didn't work, but when I hit the intercom, the front desk answered right away and let me in. They were happy to fix the cards. I should also mention that check-in was a breeze and they were happy to answer all my questions about the area. Breakfast was free and included some different hot dishes every day, better than just continental. And of course I love make-your-own waffles with strawberries and whipped cream! There was a weekday happy hour, but we were there over the weekend and didn't get to partake. I’d definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank GetAwayFromBoston

Thank you very much for the wide breadth of compliments regarding my staff and services. We are very fortunate to be conveniently located to the metro and popular destination spots, and our breakfast and evening meal periods are more elaborate than most others. I am glad that you had plenty of room and that my staff provided you with good service. Welcome to the ongoing club of so many other travelers that are definitely staying here again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Overall a very nice staff and a nice hotel. Maybe it was the week I was there but there was no on-site parking offered. I was staying for eight days for work and was going to be working during some off hours so trying to find street parking was not an option. After some discussion with the manager on duty we were able to work something out. Like I said, nice people.

Room Tip: The rooms toward the train have triple glazed windows so you won't even hear them. So pick one with a view to the west with impunity.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice remarks about the helpfulness of my staff, I am glad that we were able to work out the parking challenges for you. There is a parking garage just one short block from us that always has plenty of parking everyday, but as you mentioned, we do work things out. Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel because of the Marriott brand and because it appeared to be in a good location and was a newly constructed hotel.

I was overall pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and the attentive staff. We did have an AC issue with our first room and we were quickly relocated to a room with a better working unit.

The breakfast was typical but fresh and enjoyable.

Two concerns:
1) Although not a big deal the elevatrors were so hot inside.

2) This one was my big issue- they did not build the hotel with enough parking underneath of it. Nearly half of the spaces are for "compact cars" but everyone has to use them because there are no other options. That said- BOTH nights I stayed at this hotel by time I returned at night ALL spaces were taken (even handicapped) and I had to park outside. I told the front desk staff and they simply said "they had to park and walk too...and that they should have dug deeper for more parking". What I wanted to hear was that I would not be charged $18 for overnight parking...but I was charged for both nights.

I would say stay at this hotel....but plan to not get parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you very much for the compliments of my hotel and staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our highly acclaimed complimentary breakfast and helpful staff. I do apologize for the parking capacity issues that you encountered, and I agree that you should have heard what you wanted to hear. I am proud of my team for providing you with the cleanliness and attentiveness that you encountered, and I look forward to sharing your compliments with them.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed with the Residence Inn Old Town, at Carlyle for over a month. The staff is clean, the staff is great and very helpful. The hotel is close to Old Town Alexandria. The hotel has shuttle service and can you and will pick you up at the end of you shopping. I will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hello Jester2525, I am glad you enjoyed your month long stay with us. We put a lot of effort into maintaining a clean and helpful environment for our guests. I am pleased to learn that we served you well and I thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience. It was a pleasure having you reside with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you return back here next year.