All reviews old town full kitchen free shuttle eisenhower metro metro tracks one bedroom suite whole foods king street business district on site parking front desk staff underground garage oatmeal an extended stay duke street complimentary breakfast few blocks
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at your hotel for three nights a few weeks ago. As I mentioned to your receptionist at the time, the shuttle service was unsatisfactory. I asked the young lady at the desk for the shuttle she then paged the drive who then told her he will be there in five minutes, I was told by the nice young lady at the desk that he will pick me up in front of the hotel. I waited fifteen minutes and no shuttle. I went back to the desk and inform the receptionist that the driver was not there. She apologized for the inconvenience. I stood at the counter and watched her page the driver again, he again told her he will be in front of the hotel. Another ten minutes went by and there were no driver. I again went to the desk and the young lady apologized again and asks another employee to check in the back and see if the driver was ok. Finally the driver pulled up and opens the door for me to get in. He said his name was Bryan. I could smell the alcohol on his breathe, he was talking very loud and did not make much sense. At this time I started to question whether or not I should allow him to take me. At this time I was thirty minutes late for my spa appointment. I allowed him to take me because I had no other choice. I am urging you managers drinking and driving is no joke. If he is in fact drinking on the job and going to continue driving, you as a company need to get him help. Because of this incident I will not return to this Marriott Property.

Past guest

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank j f
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear j f, it is with great ruefulness that I express my utmost profound apologies for the egregious conduct of the shuttle driver that you experienced. As deep as my contrition is for the encounter, I am equally as grateful for you bringing it to my attention so that I can address it in the swift and appropriate manner that it behooves. It is intrinsically understood that behavior such as this is as reprehensible as it is deplorable, and I will assure you right here and right now that the source of this culpability has been extricated from our establishment so that to prevent this enormity from ever repeating itself again. There is no excuse for this type of behavior and there is zero tolerance for it too. It is my hope that this inimitable episode is seen for the extreme aberration that it is in light of the past several decades of high standards, ethics, and values that the venerable name of Marriott has demonstrated throughout its history. Once again thank you for fortifying me with the opportunity to remedy this situation and to restore the stature that we both know is Marriott.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was an excellent choice for us. This property was awesome. Very convent to the metro. The breakfast was awesome. The beds were the best, very comfortable.If we are ever in the area again we will surely choose this property. The staff wad very helpful with suggesting things in the area to do. Shuttle service is provided to dome of the places. We went to the river walk and it too wad great. We really enjoyed our trip thanks to Residence Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for the “Awesome” post regarding your stay at my hotel. We are very fortunately to be so closely located to popular destinations and the metro. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and highly acclaimed breakfast, and I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed my staff’s helpfulness and suggestions. I look forward to celebrating the success of your stay with my team.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We spent 2 nights here and were extremely pleased. The staff was very friendly, room was nice and clean, breakfast was great. Very secure. Great view. Close to Old Town. Can't say anything bad about this place. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for this “Excellent” review of my hotel. We work hard every day to reach this goal of customer satisfaction, and there is no greater reward than seeing our efforts reach fruition such as in the post you provided regarding your stay. I will be certain to pass along to my Housekeeping staff and my Breakfast crew their success in delivering you such a great experience. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I rencently stayed at the Residence Inn for 3 nights. I found the room very clean and spacious. The staff were helpful at the front desk and breakfast was good with a variety of breakfast foods. We went out to eat one night in Old Town and the hotel shuttle was available so we didn't have to take a taxi. We were also able to get hotel parking which was very convenient. The parking situation isn't great if you aren't in the hotel garage and the location of the hotel is a bit out of the way if you want to do anything in Washington, DC. But if you have a car, it's a quick drive to Washington.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for all of the great compliments regarding my hotel’s services and staff. I am very proud of my team for providing you with clean rooms, a variety of breakfast items, and helpful service. Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from three nights at the Residence Inn. I have nothing but good things to say about it. The room was very clean, spacious , up to date and had everything I needed. The location was walkable to King Street Train Station, King Street where you can catch free shuttle to the waterfront and very near highways. I was attending a convention at National Harbor and the drive was less than ten minutes. I found the area to be safe. There is not much in the immediate area to walk to. You have to walk a few blocks to get to anything. While I didn't mind this others might especially if the weather is not good. The drive to DC at night was about 25 minutes but I am not sure I took the best route. The hotel has an excellent gym. Great free weights and machines which made me very happy as this is not the norm in most hotels. The free breakfast was good and very convenient. On site parking is somewhat limited but I never had a problem finding a space. My limited interactions with staff were all positive.
I definitely enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing all of the many good things you experienced at my hotel. I am very proud of my staff for providing you with clean rooms, a commendable breakfast, and helpful service. I am glad that you enjoyed our excellent gym and free shuttle. I look forward to sharing your compliments with my staff and celebrating their success in making your stay as good as you described. Thank you for recommending our hotel and I look forward to seeing you again when you return on your next visit.