“Very nice rooms and great free bkfst” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle

Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Woodbridge
“Very nice rooms and great free bkfst”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked a one bedroom suite and a two bedroom suite. Both rooms were very clean, with a great layout and very nice overall. The free breakfast is very good. The free shuttles to Old Town make this hotel the best value in the area to enjoy what the area has to offer. Highly recommend. We will definitely return.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank travelnowandtomorrow
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for expressing how very nice our hotel is. It is always very pleasing to see how we have earned another repeat loyal customer through our very clean rooms, elaborate free breakfast, convenient walking distance location, and free shuttle van services. I am extremely proud of my staff for maintaining the consistency of high service levels that makes our hotel the first choice for so many travelers such as yourself. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team. Once again thank you and I look forward to accommodating you again on your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Richmond, Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a fairly new Residence Inn and offers what most of them do. I find the stock furniture uncomfortable and ugly. Our room had a sofa, but no easy chair. Breakfast very nice-- varied and ample. Not located close to Old Town Alexandria, but there is a shuttle that will take you to nearby restaurants and probably (although I did not ask) a nearby Metro Station. There is no street parking unless you are very, very lucky, so add $18 for that. Staff nice and tries to please. Pretty plain vanilla, overall.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William S
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Our complimentary breakfast and evening social meals offers the best variety and quality in the area, I am glad you enjoyed them! Combining this with our close walking distance location to an abundant array of attractions (and the metro); and the convenience of our complimentary shuttle service provides a tremendous value that makes our hotel the first choice for so many Alexandria travelers such as yourself. Thank you very much for being one of the many loyal repeat Marriott customers that enjoys our top notch customer service and Residence Inn’s highly acclaimed nouveau décor. I look forward to seeing you again when you return to the area.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Residence Inn one year ago and while we were satisfied overall it seems there has been a slight lessening in service. Specifically the room cleaning was not up to the expectations we had set from our last visit. We were required to request additonal towels that were not replenished, same with soap and exhausted in room shampoos. Some small trash items were left on the floor (just a couple of water bottle caps inadvertenly dropped). This sounds pretty petty but frankly our last experience was superior and we thought it was worth mentioning some of the minor pitfalls to management.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank John B
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with me the experience you had at my hotel. I find it to be the most generous of deeds because it enables me the ability to sustain the highest level of customer service we are accustomed to providing as demonstrated by the remainder of these tripadvisor postings. To prove my commitment, I welcome you to contact me personally the next time you visit and I will make it right for you. Once again thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Recently spent 4 nights at the Residence Inn while in Alexandria for a long weekend. Very nice place. (Wish I had thought to stay here when last visiting DC. Close to Metro & much cheaper than staying in DC) We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. King bed is always comfy. Room was immaculate. This hotel was within a 4 hour drive from home so it was easy to load up the car with all those extras we'd need for a 5 day visit. We've been staying in a lot of Residence Inns in the last 4 years & I feel we're "hooked" on the extra room & full kitchen. Also, free breakfast each morning. Not necessarily a huge selection to choose from but perfect for us.
Parking was $18 daily. But you can always park on the street for free on weekends. We paid the $18. Very secure & worth it.
They also have a free shuttle service to get around town, within a 3 mile radius, which can pretty much get you to any place you plan to go or to a Metro station. We didn't use it because we had our car but, it we didn't, it would've been very convenient.
We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jersey721
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing how “hooked” you are on my hotel. It is always so rewarding to see how our winning recipe of clean comfy rooms, free breakfast and dinner, friendly helpful service, and extremely convenient location is resulting in a growing following of satisfied guests (just like yourself) that “Will definitely stay here again”. Once again thank you and I look forward to accommodating you again on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Stayed in a one bedroom suite. King sized bed was very comfortable. Continental breakfast was good with lots of choices - eggs, cereal, waffles. Wish the fruit choices were better. The apples looked like they had been there for days.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful rating of my hotel. We pride ourselves on having the most elaborate choices of complimentary breakfast items, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed them. Combined with comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a friendly staff, equates to a "Nice Hotel"! Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Taylorsville, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

First off I will admit that I chose this property as I was able to get my Marriott employee rate here, but boy was I pleased with this decision! We came for my brothers wedding so I had some family with me, the staff was very accomodating with everyone's needs! Every morning at breakfast my grandma would need water and Jenny would make sure my grandma had it by either getting it for her, or checking to make sure my grandma had gotten it herself, as it wasn't in the eating area. Unfortunately I don't remember too many of the front desk agents but they were always so helpful and even got us the shuttle to take us to the metro on the day we decided not to drive into the city. Our driver there was Barry and he was so friendly and made us laugh! We had to iron a lot of wedding chair covers for my brothers wedding and when we started, one of the irons was not working properly, so they were prompt in bringing us up a new one.
The breakfast each day was really good and I have to say I miss it now that I am home!
I really have so many good things to say about this place and will definitely consider staying there in my future stays, and will recommend it when I am booking people to stay in the area.
The only one thing that happened was when we were packing up to leave, my husband checked under the bed and found an old orange juice container, it wasn't ours so I don't know how long it had been there, we were surprised as the rest if the room was so nice and clean!
Also I was worried we would have a noisy room as our bedroom window looked out in the metro tracks(my little brother slept in the living room and had a view if the Masonic temple, which he was really excited about). The noise level was very minimal and didn't bother us at all!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jessica D
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of my hotel. I am extremely proud of my employees particularly when guests compliment so many of them in various different departments. I am glad that you got to experience the culmination of superb customer service when it is combined with a state of the art sound proof facility conveniently positioned in a great location that is walking distance to everything. It is due to so many customer lodging experiences just like yours which is the reason why our hotel is the first choice for so many travelers when they visit the Washington DC area. Once again thank you, and I look forward to seeing you again when you return for your next visit here.
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is outstanding. I have no complaints. It was perfect. So clean you could eat off the floor.
I will stay here every time I'm in the area. You cannot go wrong with this place. I can't not say enough about this place. I was there on business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Donald T
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding review you gave of my property. I too cannot get enough of this exceptional staff that consistently does a remarkable job with the cleanliness of the hotel along with friendly and helpful customer service too. It also helps that we are conveniently located in the heart of walking distance to both local shops and the metro station. Thank you for being a loyal repeat customer and making our hotel your first choice when you come to the DC area. I look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit.