Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
$105
Kimpton
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$107
Autograph
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$123
$116
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$111
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

All reviewsold townfull kitchenfree shuttleeisenhower metrometro trackswhole foodsking streeton site parkingbusiness districttwo bedroom suiteoatmealunderground garagean extended stayfew blocksfront desk staffparking feeduke street
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a delightful surprise! The Residence Inn is a well-appointed, beautifully decorated and conveniently located. The rates are excellent, and the quality of the rooms impressed. We had two one-bedroom units, and we asked that they be close together, as my husband and I would be in one, and our 17 and 22 year olds would share the other. They placed us at the end of the hallway, rooms directly across from one another, both corner rooms. It was simply perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful, quick to offer assistance for anything from local travel and transportation to where the best pizza could be ordered- and delivered! I will make this my first choice when visiting the DC area- friendly, safe neighborhood, two blocks to the Metro station, and a 5 minute walk to Old Town Alexandria and the shopping and dining there.

Room Tip: We had rooms on both sides of the hotel, and they were both quiet, comfortable and had stunning up-close views of the George Washington Masonic National Memorial temple.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JuliaMacc
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you so much for that fabulous review describing your "terrific" stay with us! It is always great to learn how so many of our guest's are enjoying the value they are receiving with our beautifully appointed rooms and close location to so many destination spots. We pride ourselves on delivering the best customer service and I look forward to sharing your compliments with my team. Thank you for making us your first choice when visiting the DC area and I look forward to accommodating you again at that time.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

- Excellent position to the metro for visiting all sights in D.C.
-Affordable
-Clean
-Huge selection for breakfast & cocktail hour included
-Huge rooms ( we had 2bdrm/2ba) perfect for going with kids or friends
-Helpful & friendly service
-Free shuttle
-Comfy beds
-Quiet rooms
While not luxurious I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend to anyone looking for good location, price, and service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you very much for listing out our wide spread offerings of excellent products and services that we provide for all of our guests. It is easy so see from just a glance how much value we offer for the price. I am always proud of my staff when I read how well they provide customer service, and I will be sure to share your comments with them. Once again thank you.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in a corner suite and felt very comfortable during our stay. The room was quiet even though we overlooked the trains. The surrounding area is safe and walkable even at night. The shuttle service could have been a bit better, an extra van would have been nice as the wait at times was a bit long.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting about how great your stay was with us. It is always pleasing to me to learn that our customized sound proofing windows consistently does such an effective job keeping the train noise outside to provide all of our guest rooms with quiet comfort. We are also very fortunate enough to be so conveniently located in walking distance of an abundant array of retail choices and destination spots. Once again thank you for sharing about how great our hotel and location is, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband, 3 young-adult children & I stayed in Room 919, a very spacious 2-bedroom/2-king suite, July 24 - 28/13. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. Without exception the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfasts and the one evening reception we attended were good. The fitness room is adequately equipped. The only negatives we encountered were very minor - getting several bottles of conditioner but no shampoo, a wobbly kitchen table, slow internet on one evening, and insufficient seating in the breakfast area on two occasions. On the whole, very good value!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review of your experience with our hotel. I always take great pleasure in observing the consistency of my team's friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service we deliver on a daily basis. I am also grateful for the constructive feedback too as that I find it imperative for sustaining the high level of customer service we are accustomed to delivering everyday. Once again thank you and I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Okay, I'm a big fan of this property and the terrific people who run this hotel. We stay three or four times a year and will keep returning. Most recently, we reserved a king suite but due to a problem with the door lock, we were moved to a two-bedroom. Having been on the road for a month, this was a welcome surprise! The rooms had king beds and good-sized baths and were separated by a central living/dining/kitchen area. One bedroom had a stunning floor-to-ceiling view of the courthouse and southeastern Alexandria/Old Town. The other was larger and looked out upon the west side buildings and train tracks. We heard the trains but they were not a problem or nuisance for us. A large stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher were spotless and in perfect working order.

The fitness room and dining area are spacious and well-planned. We enjoyed the delicious hot breakfasts and evening socials; the dining crew is sweet and proficient.

The location is ideal for us - we're a short walk to the metro and close-by businesses/eateries and a healthy walk to central Old Town and the water. There's a good cinema/shopping center and the picturesque Masonic Temple near the hotel. Lastly, the complimentary shuttle will take you anywhere within a 3?-mile radius and the drivers are consistently efficient and nice (they accept tips :).

Special thanks to Pam (check-in) and John (tech), their assistance and attitude are outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such a complimentary review about my hotel. We are very fortunately to be ideally located in an area that provides beautiful views and close walking distances to restaurants and retail stores. I am delighted that you were abundantly accommodated by our wide array of hotel features and amenities; and I am further delighted that the efforts of my staff delivered such exceptional service to you and your family. I am extremely proud of Pam, John, our drivers, and the rest of our team members for working together so efficiently resulting in the "Ex-cellent" experience you encountered. Thank you for being a loyal repeat customer and I look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit.