“caution if you are pet allergic”

Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
philadelphia,pa
“caution if you are pet allergic”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here for a work meeting at the end of March. The check in was quick, staff friend and room clean a spacious. My concern is about their pet friendly policy. I asked if there were any rooms that pets did not stay in; the check in staff told me that all rooms were pet friendly but they were cleaned after each use.
I am very allergic to cats. My sinuses felt clogged and I was sneezing. I felt fine when I left the hotel, which makes me believe this was due to an allergen.

I would recommend the hotel making some room pet free so that those of us with pet allergies are comfortable. I would not stay here or at another pet friend hotel with similar policies in the future. This room was booked for me by the meeting planner and I did not know about the pet policy before I arrived.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank philly19111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Upon arrival staff was very friendly. Front desk staff was very hopeful and ready to serve. Location was close to so many things to do and the van service was excellent. The driver was knowledgable and courteous. We needed a ride to Old Town and he was out front within 2 minutes. The rooms were very clean and well supplied. The beds were comfortable and sheets were clean. The rooms were well insulated which kept the noise levels down. Very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Rooms located at end of hall are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caps112
Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My experience staying at the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle has always exceeded my expectations. I can say this based on experience because I normally stay here 3 weeks every month and have been for a year and a half now. From the time I step into the lobby to check in to the time I check out, I can honestly say,that I cant wait to come back. The whole staff makes me feel like family and have always been there for support especially when last minute requests from my employer require me to travel to Alexandria for another week. The rooms have always been clean and I can't say enough about how comfortable the beds are which helps me feel well rested and full of energy each day. From the professionalism of the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms, this hotel has my vote as being #1 in the area. I would recommend (and have recommended) this hotel to any of my family and friends!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Kelly V
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel 3 nights a week almost every week as a travelling consultant. I have been travelling like this for 15+ years, and I can truly say that this hotel and staff are tops! Great location and easy access to the DC Beltway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Jon S
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Jon S,
Thank you very much for the great review! Our loyal guests are very important to us so I'm glad you find our property, location and staff top notch!
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Jim
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stay here 2-3 times each month. The staff has always made me feel welcome and appreciated. The location is very convenient to the US Patent ad Trademark Office and to the Federal District court in Alexandria. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Roadwarrior D
Hello Roadwarrior D!
Thanks for the 5 star review! We value our repeat guests a great deal so to hear you say you wouldn't consider stay anywhere else is fantastic! Your comments about our staff and our location are very much appreciated!
Thanks again, and we'll see you soon.
Jim
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stay regularly at this hotel. The staff has been very accommodating and the friendly. The amenities, room, and morning breakfast are tops! The rooms are clean and the common areas of the hotel are maintained well. I was able to walk to either the King St. Metro Station or to the Eisenhower Station. Super Location.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank ramjet1981
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The location of the hotel was within walking distance from restaurants, AMC movie theatre. The hotel provides a Shuttle service to/from the airport and to/from Metro/bus station. The room was spacious with a full kitchen(that was a plus for a family). Complimentary Breakfast is provided every morning with a different item in the menu everyday. The fitness center has a state of the art equipment s. Overall it was a good choice.Excellent customer and room service. Staff are very courteous.

Room Tip: higher floors are better as you get to have a spectacular view of some of the area monument and of t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo