Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
$122
Kimpton
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$110
$89
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$97
ComfortInn
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$118
$113
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$89
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$107
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

All reviewsold townfull kitchenfree shuttleeisenhower metrometro trackswhole foodsking streeton site parkingbusiness districttwo bedroom suiteoatmealunderground garagean extended stayfew blocksfront desk staffparking feeduke street
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom suite, family of five, with 3 small children. We usually try to stay at Residence Inns for that reason. This one in particular was especially clean, well kept, and prepared. The shape of the hotel allows for the 2 BR suites to be more spacious than usual. The front desk staff is so very helpful in answering questions in regards to sightseeing the capital, Metro, etc. we chose this location outside of the city for quiet and safety, and the Metro station is only a few blocks away; which the hotel shuttle will gladly take you!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Mom1Kiddos3
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Hi Mom1Kiddoa!
Thank you for the 5 star review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town at Carlyle! I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. Safe travels, and I hope to see you again when visiting the DC/Alexandria area.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Okay, so I travel extensively with my job. I also travel frequently with my family. I can honestly say that this hotel is always immaculate. My room is always stocked with towels, a super clean kitchen and is the next best thing to being at home.You can bring pets with a small deposit, and there is a laundry on-site for families or extended stays. There is a metro right near by, and there are plenty of restaurants and even a movie theatre within walking distance. The area is so nice and the location is perfect for Metro riders, people with children, commuters, etc. There is a great breakfast every morning, and there is also a dinner every Monday - Thursday night with cocktails. It is really a wonderful choice whether you are traveling alone or with family and pets. You cannot find a nicer staff that will greet you by name when you walk in the door the second time you stay this Residence Inn Alexandria at the Carlyle. This hotel knows the secret to great customer service.

Room Tip: Second floor is a bit noisier due to the laundry room and exercise room. BUT...it is more convenient to stay on second floor with family so you are closer to the laundry room!! It is all about give and take.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dianne J
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Hi Dianne J!
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle! I am very happy to read such positive comments about the cleanliness, our location, amenities, complimentary breakfast/dinner and the staff service!
Again, thank you very much, and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Great people, spacious rooms, awesome breakfast & mgrs specials. Expensive parking (18/ nite). Only 7/ nite in garage across the street! Awesome stay!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Jv9842

Hello Jv9842!
Thanks for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. Your 5 star review is very much appreciated, and I'm glad you had an "Awesome stay!".
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I recently returned from a quick overnight trip to Washington, DC for a retirement party. I can't say enough about the service at this hotel. I travel frequently and it's not often that the service is this exceptional. Mike, the manager, was helpful from my very first phone call (looking for directions) to parking to helping with my accommodations. Pam was equally helpful with restaurant suggestions and really friendly. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. Excellent staff.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 608. At the end of the hall and was very quiet. Very comfortable bed. If you need anything, the front desk is friendly, courteous and exceptionally helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ellen T

Hi Ellen T,
Thank you for your 5 star review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle! I am very happy to to read such a nice review about our hotel rooms, and the exceptional staff service, specifically Mike, Pam and the front desk team!
We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area! I am also from Boston so I look forward to meeting you!
Thanks again!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I just returned from a 2 week stay at the Carlyle St Residence Inn. Here are a few observatiuons:

Negatives:

1. Dining Area

I'm not talking about the rooms, I'm referrung to the communal dining area on the first floor. There are insufficient tables to handle the peak dining needs of the hotel. Consequently, there are people who are forced out into the lobby area to eat in comfy chairs with their food perched precariously on their laps.

Another issue is the buffet setup. The buffet is tucked in a corner, creating chokepoints. I am not sure logistically what can be done about this issue, since they only have so much space to work with.

I would have appreciated it if they had left some fruit out during non meal hours. Apples and oranges would have been fine.

2. Location

I actually liked the location, but it could be considered a negative for some. You will want to call for the shuttle service if you are carrying bags or are mobility challeneged. However, It is not in the heart of olltown, but the new(?) oldtown. For partyers and others who want to be in the heart of the action you are not in it.

3. Rooms

I stayed in a Studio Suite, so can not vouch for the other room types. As you might imagine, this is nothing more than a studio room. There is no separation between living, dining, and bedroom other than a little space on the floor. If you have kids with you and are looking for privacy you will want anbother room choice.

Thats it for the bad, now on to the good!

Positives

1. Dining Area:

I know, I already put down the dining area, but there area also some good things. There are plenty of TVs around for guests to watch while eating. Even the lobby area where overflow ends up has a TV.

Dinner is served Monday - Thursday, not Mon - Wed as som of the other Residence Inns advertise.

2. Location

As I stated earlier, I liked the location. It is a little out of the way though. I managed to walk to King Street station in about 11 minutes. Much more convenient, although with fewer trains, is Eisenhaur Station. There is a shortcut to the station across the street from the hotel, just find the overhead train tracks and follow them away from King St station. This shortcut will also take you to the AMC theaters. Very convenient if you like to watch movies on your down time. They have early pricing of $6 before noon. Alongside the multiplex are a variety of restaurants.

3. Rooms

My Studio Suite was well layed out and the furnishings were comfortable and nice. The TV swivelled so you could watch it wherever you were. I usually only watch TV in the morning but it was nice to wake up with the news and weather without having to go sit in the living area. The kitchen was small but efficient with a full sized refrigerator with built in ice-maker (I had to flip the switch to get the ice to produce). There is no oven but there is a 2 burner stove and microwave. I placed my dishes in the dishwasher and the maid took care of putting in the soap and turning it on. There are plates, silverware, cooking utensils and pans in the room. My room was always kept clean, and none of my stuff was molested.

4. Shuttle Service

I do not know how many shuttles they have running at any one time, but I never had to wait more than 5 min. for a shuttle. I sepdom needed the shuttle as I usually walked to the metro at Eisenhaur station, but I was sure glad to have it when I wanted it. Apart from the Metro stops, they take you to restaurants, the grocery store, bar hopping, or even church. Give them a tip when you ride, they deserve it.

Thats about it as far as I can remember. Overall, I'd give them 4 1/2 stars. It was a good experience. As the title says, the good outweighs the bad.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: I was on the side away from the subway, but could still here it every time it went past. I hear the rooms on the subway side have soundproof glass so they may even be quieter. I'd ask for one of those next time, I would like to watch the trains anyway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business