“Great food and great tour”

DC Metro Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DC Metro Food Tours brings groups on 3.5 hour walking tours that highlight the architecture, history, people and most importantly, the cuisine of Washington DC area neighborhoods. Our Food Tours have been carefully developed to create a striking harmony between a neighborhood’s local cuisine, history, and architecture. The food served at each establishment accurately reflects their house specialties while staying true to the area’s culinary history. Washington DC Food Tours:The Capitol Hill Culinary ExperienceCapitol Hill is a 200 year old melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions. The country’s largest Victorian neighborhood has been the home to laborers, craftsmen, and members of congress alike. Enjoy a series of dishes from restaurants and shops nestled in quaint row houses, clustered down barracks row, and located inside the district’s longest running market.
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We greatly enjoyed our afternoon food tour. This was an great walking tour of Old Town with convenient stops for delicious food. The selection of restaurants was excellent. Our guide was excellent and we went by the Tiny House!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"society"
"buddies"

Reviewed January 3, 2017

I took a Saturday afternoon tour of Old Town Alexandria with a few relatives over the holidays. Our guide, Pablo, was very knowledgeable about the area and able to answer all questions our group of 9 had. I definitely learned some new things along our walk! We stopped at four local restaurants, all family-owned with history in the area (local institutions, if you will). We sampled Northern Italian, Modern American, and Lebanese before stopping at a gourmet cafe/shop for dessert!

I was initially hesitant about booking because I have dietary restrictions (gluten-free, dairy-free), but they ask upfront when booking tickets and were able to accommodate me at every stop! HIGHLY recommend this tour! I can't wait to try out their other food tours.

1  Thank HungryHungryShalan
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My husband and I took a food tour of Georgetown last weekend. It was a great food tour. Our guide Alissa, was fabulous. She had a great personality and was very knowledgeable about the area and the food. We stopped at 4 local restaurants and all of them were quite different but equally delicious. We started off at a vegan taco place, then Korean, French and finished up with dessert. It was great. We also learned history about the Georgetown area. I HIGHLY recommend this food tour.

1  Thank amarsh422
Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

I did the Georgetown tour. We had a group of six plus the guide. The tour was 3.5 hours and made 4 stops, 3 savory and 1 dessert. Portions were big considering we had three savory stops. Our guide Alisa was friendly and shared lots of interesting info about the neighborhood and the restaurants we visited. Great time.