“Pretty okay”

DC Metro Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DC Metro Food Tours brings groups on 3.5 hour walking tours that highlight the architecture, history, people and most importantly, the cuisine of Washington DC area neighborhoods. Our Food Tours have been carefully developed to create a striking harmony between a neighborhood’s local cuisine, history, and architecture. The food served at each establishment accurately reflects their house specialties while staying true to the area’s culinary history. Washington DC Food Tours:The Capitol Hill Culinary ExperienceCapitol Hill is a 200 year old melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions. The country’s largest Victorian neighborhood has been the home to laborers, craftsmen, and members of congress alike. Enjoy a series of dishes from restaurants and shops nestled in quaint row houses, clustered down barracks row, and located inside the district’s longest running market.
Norfolk, Nebraska
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty okay”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went on the Gastronomical Georgetown tour, and it was fine. Met some very nice people on the tour which made it a plus. Otherwise it was sort of catered to a hipster crowd which can be a bit of a turn off. Food was decent, the last stop "Baked and Wired" was busy and a bit full of itself.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Craig S

Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must do in Old Town”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked an Old Town food tour for my friends bachelorette party and had a blast! Let me first say, I have very high expectations for good customer service and this company blew me away. They were very accomodating from beginning (scheduling the tour) to end (the tour itself). Mallory really worked with me to make sure we were able to book places my ladies would enjoy. The food at each place was delish! And we were stuffed by the end. Ada was our tour guide and she was excellent. We were a little late but she was patient and made sure the first stop on our tour would be ready when we got there. There's always a chance the guide might not enjoy the craziness that a bachelorette party can bring, but she was super cool and it did not feel like we had a "stranger" with the us. I do not give a perfect rating easily but this company truely deserves it!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Shelley D
Great Mills, Md
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great combination of food & history!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I went on the Old Town Alexandria food tour on 25-Aug. We had a great time. Our guide was very knowledgeable and the food was delicious! By the 3rd stop I was stuffed! I'm not sure why some have complained about portions, my husband and I both are not light eaters by any means yet we were more than satisfied by the end of the tour. Definitely worth your time & money!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Melanie W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hot day and cool treats”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Despite a day of uncomfortable temps, tour guide, Ada, never lost her cool. She led us at a comfortable pace and introduced us to the old town history and delightful food offerings. The food selections were quite right for a hot day and the ambiance of each stop was memorable. We might never have discovered the best of Old Alexandria without taking advantage of this tour.

2 Thank Deborah A
Gahanna, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had Ada for our food tour guide. She was very knowledgeable about Old Alexandria
and also the restaurants and food we received. Awesome food, great company.
Would recommend Ada and DC metro Food Tours as tops.

Visited July 2012