“Quaint Hidden Marvel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Old Town
Washington DC
“Quaint Hidden Marvel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I actually was in the process of patronizing another cupcakery in the area but after reading the other TripAdvisor reviews I decided to give this place a try and I'm glad I did. It's the cutest most quaint store situated in Old Town Alexandria with the most delightful young lady who waits and goes through the entire list of options patiently with you. I went in to purchase 4 cupcakes for my sisters birthday and ended up leaving with a dozen after I was informed of a special! SCORE!! The parking is neighborhood steet parking which can be a hassle but I love the area, the ambience and just the overall feel so it's definitely worth the trip. Now for the cupcakes...moist and delicious. The triple chocolate was definitely a fan favorite at my home!

“Good cupcake while you can get em.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Place doesn't open til 11am. I guess they make so many for the day and that is it. Stopped and got a cupcake and said we would be back later to get some to take home as we were leaving the next morning ( before 11am ). They closed at 8pm, we got there at 7:10pm and they were already closed.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jolenetut
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Great little cupcakes for a pick me up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Wanted something sweet so we stopped in here. They had several different flavors and were pleased to tell you about them. They were normal sized cupcakes and not the great big ones that most cupcake shops seem to sell. They all sounded so good so we tried 4 different flavors and not one of us was disappointed. Would definitely go back if in the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 13betty
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Tasty but limited selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This was a little hole in the wall but worth finding for a little sweet treat for the family. When we walked in, I expected a case of small amounts of interesting flavors but only recall six and not the Guiness I wanted to tru. The frostings were love, love, loved. However, the cupcake section for three out of four cupcakes we purchased was not too interesting. The only cake part I enjoyed was the lemon filled cupcake. I would have preferred to taste the flavors prior to the purchase because I may have found better choices with more flavorful cake. Also, flourless chocolate seemed boring and since I am primarily gluten free (by choice) I would have chosen differently if I had another flourless option.

Visited June 2014
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stopped in here and had 2 of Lemon Lavender Chiffon. Ended up taking home 2 of the Chocolate Turtles with Pecans and Caramel and 1 Smores. We liked them all just wish they would have put more pecans on/in the Choc/Trtl/Pcn/Crml.

Visited June 2014