“Bent over Backwards”

Ranked #2 of 27 Bakeries in Alexandria
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I ordered cupcakes to be delivered to my hotel for an impromptu birthday party. There was a mix-up (ok, my fault) and the delivery person couldn't find me. She got all the way back to the shop, turned around and came all the way back, and still didn't charge me a delivery fee. She did accept a tip, though. $3 per cupcake, no minimum number, free delivery. And they're good, too. It was a great party.

2  Thank Ronna R
There are newer reviews for Lavender Moon Cupcakery

Reviewed August 8, 2013

It's just a tiny little store but bursting with flavor! Loved the blood orange cupcakes. The cupcakes aren't all frosting that overwhelm you with sweetness. Great flavors. Definitely will return to this cupcake store!.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I've tried cupcakes at several bakeries in the area and Lavender Moons are certainly among the best.

They have the standard flavors you'd expect - red velvet, chocolate, vanilla, etc, but you can often find unique options as well. The size of the cupcakes is also a plus. I've seen some lately at other places that should be served on a dinner plate. These are really just right all around - in size and taste.

I had chocolate peanut butter on my last visit and my niece had vanilla with a lemon curd filling and a raspberry on top. We both left happy!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

read the reviews on tripadvisor decided to try. the reviews from tripadvisor did not live up to the cupcakes.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

oh, can not really state in words how good these cup cakes are, just stop in and the variety, quality taste flavor, is out of this world,,,