“Amazing flourless dark chocolate cupcakes”

Lavender Moon Cupcakery
Ranked #2 of 28 Bakeries in Alexandria
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Organic artisan flavors baked fresh daily, featuring local fruit, Polyface eggs, with hand milled flour. Always new, fun, exciting creations baked everyday.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am now addicted to their flourless chocolate cupcakes. The grandkids love all their various cupcakes, but the flourless ones are amazing.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Peanut Butter mousse and lemon lavendar were delicious!!! Also made a nice "thank you" for the sister-in-law who babysat for us!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

what an amazing little cupcake shop in Old Town! the taste compositions are unique, the interior of the store is tasteful and well-organized, and the staff is helpful and nice altogether. always a treat, especially compared to other - overrated - cupcake bakeries in the DC area (including in Old Town).

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am still dreaming of the chocolate blackberry cabernet cupcake I had earlier today. I cant even describe it, it was out of this world. my son had chocolate with peanut butter mousse. My son is 5 and did not appreciate the sophisticated mousse so I scraped it off and happily ate it myself. I had a very hard time deciding which flavor to try, they all looked yummy. This is my second time at the shop and it is quickly becoming a favorite.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everywhere we travel my 17 year old daughter, who has been baking cupcakes since about 10 years old, tries and rates cupcakes. These must have been very good as she gave them a 91.

1  Thank travelinmen