“wonderful cupcakes, excellent service”

Lavender Moon Cupcakery
Ranked #1 of 27 Bakeries in Alexandria
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Alexandria, VA
“wonderful cupcakes, excellent service”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

what an amazing little cupcake shop in Old Town! the taste compositions are unique, the interior of the store is tasteful and well-organized, and the staff is helpful and nice altogether. always a treat, especially compared to other - overrated - cupcake bakeries in the DC area (including in Old Town).

• Visited March 2013

Northern Virginia
“Better than all the rest”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I am still dreaming of the chocolate blackberry cabernet cupcake I had earlier today. I cant even describe it, it was out of this world. my son had chocolate with peanut butter mousse. My son is 5 and did not appreciate the sophisticated mousse so I scraped it off and happily ate it myself. I had a very hard time deciding which flavor to try, they all looked yummy. This is my second time at the shop and it is quickly becoming a favorite.

Portland, Oregon
“Rated a 91”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everywhere we travel my 17 year old daughter, who has been baking cupcakes since about 10 years old, tries and rates cupcakes. These must have been very good as she gave them a 91.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank travelinmen
Alexandria, Virginia
“Love this little place!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Try the red velvet. The frosting was delicious. Also loved the chocolate truffle. Cute seating area. I was told all cupcakes are organic as well. I've been twice and both times had yummy cupcakes.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decadent and *so* worth it.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The quintessential cupcake shop with traditional and inventive options that change daily. The ladies are always gracious with their descriptions and soo pleasant. I never miss it when in town and can't walk out with out 'one for the road'. It isn't often that something looks that perfect and tastes even better.
The red velvet, vanilla and triple cholocate were our birthday celebration order but the peanut butter chocolate tasted like a Reese cup dream and the coconut macaroon didn't make it out of the store - it called for an emergency to sit down and immediately indulge! It was a tough call as there were several options for the day and the sweet potato chocolate chip and smores cupcakes looked gorgeous.

• Visited February 2013