I usually enjoy any Homewood Suites that I stay at, but this one was very subpar. First, the hotel was under construction throughout my stay, so the constant loud noise was a huge negative for starters. However, that is to be expected for hotels from time to time. What was really poor was the lack of assistance at the front desk, and the very poor food options during breakfast and the evening meal. It seemed like the hotel has been cutting corners to save costs in just about everything they do. The furniture throughout the suite also looked outdated, and the carpet looked as of something from a budget hotel. To make matters worse, probably the worst feature of the hotel is its location. It is not within walking distance from any Metro station, and it only provides shuttle service to the nearest station during a few hours (would've been helpful to mention this on the website).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Alexandria is located just 6 miles away from the National Mall in Washington DC and 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria. Our spacious apartment style suites feature a private bedroom and a full equipped kitchen. Enjoy our complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet served every day and our delicious Evening Reception Monday-Thursdays. Ride in our free shuttle to the King Street Metro Station and to The Village at Shirlington; please call the hotel directly for details. Feel like home at the Homewood Suites Alexandria while you are in town for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Homewood Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Homewood Alexandria
- Alexandria Homewood Suites