Stayed at Homewood Suites in Alexandra, VA for New Year's Eve/Day and was very impressed! Our check-in was fast and everything was explained to us. We checked-in right on time as we were able to participate in the Manager's evening dinner reception which included hot dogs, chili, chips, fruit, veggies, a salad bar, and beverages. Every night they have a different menu, which I thought was nice. The buffet-style reception was managed very well and the attendant was constantly checking on the food and cleaning up.
That evening I also used their Business Office and was able to print a two-page document with no problem. The Business Office was clean and the equipment worked properly.
In the morning, the hot breakfast was awesome! I particularly liked the waffles which included whipped cream and strawberries. Most hotels just have sugar and butter to accompany the waffles. There were also eggs, sausage, bagels, pastries, fruit, and yogurt. The breakfast was plentiful. Coffee was served 24/7 at the hotel and I found it to be fresh and tasteful.
We stayed in a one-bedroom suite. It was clean and spacious. It included a full-sized refrigerator, two-burner stove with oven, microwave, sink, and dishes. One thing that I really liked about the room was that the windows opened (with a several safety latches of course). I need fresh air or a fan to sleep and the fact that the windows opened to provide fresh air was wonderful! The room decor was tasteful and up-to-date as well. Not to mention, TWO flat screen TVs. :-)
The only negative thing (if any) about the stay was the hassle upon leaving the hotel. We received several phone calls and room service knocked on the door before we had the opportunity to check-out. We checked out at 12:15, which was 15 minutes over the check-out time. Not a big deal, but of course we always remember the negative things! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Alexandria is located just 6 miles away from the National Mall in Washington DC and 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria. Our spacious apartment style suites feature a private bedroom and a full equipped kitchen. Enjoy our complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet served every day and our delicious Evening Reception Monday-Thursdays. Ride in our free shuttle to the King Street Metro Station and to The Village at Shirlington; please call the hotel directly for details. Feel like home at the Homewood Suites Alexandria while you are in town for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Homewood Alexandria
- Alexandria Homewood Suites