Check in was very quick. The woman at the front desk was very friendly, she even called our room about 15 minutes after we checked in to make sure everything was ok in the room, and to see if we needed anything.
The room was large and clean. There was a full kitchen, with a 2 burner stove, dishwasher, fridge, and microwave. There is a full set of dishes and silverware.
We had a room with a fireplace. It was a nice and relaxing. The hotel was pretty quiet. There was a screaming baby next door that was pretty annoying, but not the hotels fault. The bed was very comfy. Lots of pillows.
Breakfast was ok. By the time we showed up at 9:30, almost all the food was gone. We ended up with some pastries and oj.
It was a short 10-15 minute drive to DC. Traffic was not bad at all.
Word to the wise...avoid the Chili's up the street. The food and service are terrible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Alexandria is located just 6 miles away from the National Mall in Washington DC and 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria. Our spacious apartment style suites feature a private bedroom and a full equipped kitchen. Enjoy our complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet served every day and our delicious Evening Reception Monday-Thursdays. Ride in our free shuttle to the King Street Metro Station and to The Village at Shirlington; please call the hotel directly for details. Feel like home at the Homewood Suites Alexandria while you are in town for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Homewood Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Homewood Alexandria
- Alexandria Homewood Suites