This hotel is a great place to stay with kids. The outdoor pool was great at night after touring. Mom was able to wind down while the kids swam...:)
The breakfast was good and the light snacks Mon-Thurs. evenings were nice also.
The suites added enough room for us to spread out a bit which is always nice with kids.
We did have a car and did not have to pay for parking, which is HUGE in this area.
But rather than try to navigate the busy traffic...we drove to the Ballston (sp?) mall every day, parked there, and took the metro in. Very quick and convenient. And the mall was nice to pick up last minute things on the way back to the hotel every day.
Oh...and fresh baked cookies at night.....YUM!
Would stay here in a heartbeat when visiting the area again?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Alexandria is located just 6 miles away from the National Mall in Washington DC and 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria. Our spacious apartment style suites feature a private bedroom and a full equipped kitchen. Enjoy our complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet served every day and our delicious Evening Reception Monday-Thursdays. Ride in our free shuttle to the King Street Metro Station and to The Village at Shirlington; please call the hotel directly for details. Feel like home at the Homewood Suites Alexandria while you are in town for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Homewood Alexandria
- Alexandria Homewood Suites