“Won't Do That Again”

Neighborhood: Old Town
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Won't Do That Again”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

It was hot, crowded, service was bad and the sushi was warm and I did not get the impression it was as fresh as it shoud have been. Maybe because it just wasnt that cold. I like my sushi to be cold. And I like to see it in a very cold case in front of me. They also have the habachi tables, but the heat and smoke from them is too much for the small interior townhouse this place is in. The rooms are just too smal for the blending of the smells and atmosphere - in my opinion. There is better Sushi around the corner at MoMo's or up the street at Bumblefish on the corner of King and Washington. Or walk up the water a bit to the Tokoyo Japaneese Steak House for a better habachi experience.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank LadyAboutTown

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“I really love this place.......”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been going to Ichiban for years now and never had a bad meal! It's not the most scenic place in the world and a little pricey, but it's always amazing. I feel I'm a pretty experienced sushi eater and know when I'm getting ripped off, and I've never felt this way eating at Ichiban. We'll continue to come here whenever we are in Old Town!

• Visited April 2011
Washington DC
“Authentic Japanese Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Most Japanese Restaurant taste like Korean or Chinese dishes, not this one, great food, aside from the food we ordered we even took home a box to go...that is how good the food is here

Visited April 2011
Hutchinson, Kansas
“MOUSE DROPPINGS!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We walked into the restaurant around 5:30 and 5:45pm and were the first guests of the evening, apparently. There were 3 or 4 staff members sort of lazing around the dining room and a couple were not wearing any kind of uniform. I don't mind when managers or owners are dressed up (or at least to the level of the guests), but these guys looked like they just rolled out of bed. Definitely gave the impression that they didn't care.

We were given a seat and started perusing the menu. First, all of the prices are higher than their menu online. I believe all of the rolls were $13.75 and up. Pricey, but perhaps to be expected for Old Town. Some of the rolls sounded okay and some just sort of sounded strange or had way too many elements to them.

I went to the bathroom to wash my hands at this point, and I immediately noticed the floor was dirty. I bent down to see what was all over the floor and realized almost immediately that it was MOUSE DROPPINGS. There was an area about two inches wide that went all the way around the entire room that was covered in mouse droppings. GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS. I mean there were SCORES OF MOUSE DROPPINGS. I was sickened immediately and went straight back to my table to get my dinner date and leave the restaurant.

Never ever ever ever would I consider eating here. Disgusting. Not only do they obviously have a severe rodent problem, but they don't even care enough to clean up the evidence! EWWWW! I wouldn't want to eat anything here, let alone raw fish.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank annchgo
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Okay sushi - they deliver which is a plus but definitely pricey”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Okay sushi - they deliver which is a plus but definitely pricey

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook