“Oyster mania”

Hank's Oyster Bar
Ranked #10 of 754 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
San Francisco, California
“Oyster mania”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We did the happy hour oyster so $1 per oyster x 24! Their cocktails are also delicious. We would return.

Visited March 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
“Poor Choices on Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

As a warning for anyone reading this article, I come to this review with a bias against oysters, and therefore I was unable to fully enjoy this restaurant. On the other hand, though, one would think I would be able to find something on the menu to enjoy. After visiting four times, though, I have found nothing that I enjoy. I suppose that for the seafood lover, this restaurant could be good, but I also found issue with the atmosphere. The tables are cramped together in a shotgun-style building, and the chairs are uncomfortable. What I found the most annoying, though, was the serving of Goldfish (the cracker, not the real fish) instead of bread. Some may find this quirky, but in execution I found it childish and unsatisfactory. The waitstaff, on the bright side, were kind and helpful, but frankly there was little else I enjoyed. The only reason that I gave this restaurant three stars is because I thought that I came to it with a bias.

“Oyster Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited Hank's for happy hour last evening. The bar area is very nice and offered $1 oysters from 5:30-6:30. No drink specials are included on happy hour. The bartenders were friendly and attentive. We only had oysters but the menu appeared to offer nice choices with daily specials. There is a dining room as well but we sat at the bar. Will return.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“runny clam chowder”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Coming from the midwest, I was looking forward to a good cup of clam chowder and crab cakes on a cold dreary evening in Alexandria.
We were seated right away at the bar and had our food delivered promptly. But the chowder was very disappointing. It was quite runny. The crab cakes also were just not up to par; pretty tasteless
The service was good and the location perfect but was not thrilled with our choices.

• Visited March 2014
Westminster, Colorado
“Wonderful Oysters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wonderful visit at 6:45pm on a Monday night. Called ahead to get on the waitlist and walked right in. The fresh, raw oysters were among the best I've had. Wonderful beet, sunflower, feta salad. Tried a few of the fried clams and, while not usually a fried food fan, I realized I've been eating fried clams all wrong for years! Price isn't "inexpensive" and the seating is tight and not at all private. Don't come here if you need a private conversation or a romatntic dinner but if you want good seafood...and sophisticated menu, this fits the bill. Staff was friendly and efficient. Worth the visit and I will surely return.

• Visited March 2014