“Oyster HAPPY Hour!”

Hank's Oyster Bar
Ranked #8 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Connecticut
“Oyster HAPPY Hour!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The happy hour is amazing! Several kinds to choose from and so cheap. Get there early because it's a small space and fills quickly. Also, be prepared to spend a bundle even at happy hour because you'll keep ordering more and more...

• Visited February 2013

Denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great oysters”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

this place was small, and not much bar seating, but the waitstaff was friendly (after a wierd miscommunication with the hoestess who didn't give me the option of sitting at the bar, and then someone scurried past me and took the last seat). The oysters were super fresh and a good deal for happy hour. However this is the first place I'd ever been where happy hour was just one hour! Could be a little longer. Steamed clams, while tasty, were not steamed clams that I grew up with in New England, and maybe should be advertised a little differently to keep people from the same dissappointment I experienced. They're tiny, and not the hand-dipped in butter experience I expected. But, all that said, if I lived here, I would be back at least once a week for a glass of wine and a few oysters during happy hour! (Provided my job and commute allowed me to make it during that ONE hour)

Visited March 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great treat for a sea food Friday Lunch”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Friend of mine took me to this quality restaurant. Service was fine and surroundings were clean and the small lunch menu gave us excellent choices. I had the shrimp Poo Boy and my friend had the Oyster Poo Boy. Both batter fried. They came with Cajun fries and an accompanying Cajun dipping sauce (very smooth and spicy). Even lunch was a bit pricey but the food was worth it. Friendly staff and a nice walk in location off King Street.

• Visited March 2013
frederick, maryland
“Great Oysters and Excellent Salads!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We chose Hank's for oysters and weren't disppointed. That night they were serving 3 from the east coast and 3 from the west coast. A Maryland native, I'm particular and stuck with the local ones. At $2.25 per oyster, you can spend some ching before you know it!

I chose the Avacado and Romaine Hearts with Buttermilk Cilantro Dressing. This salad was delicious. The romaine was crisp, the dressing very tasty with just enough bite (heat.)

My wife chose Grilled Smoked Mozarella with Eggplant and Zuchinni. I'm not a big fan of eggplant but this grilled delight was unbelieveable.

We each enjoyed a glass of Cab-Sauv. Mine was from Uraguay - I've heard they are exporting some excellent wine. My wife's was from California. Both were crisp, light and noticably different. Would order either next time.

Our server was attentive and courteous; always available but didn't hover.

We chose Hank's the first time for oysters. Next time (and there will be a next time) it'll be for the wine and salads!

• Visited February 2013
Alexandria, VA
“Never had an oyster till I went to Hank's!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been regular visitors at Hank's for the last four years and apart from it being much too small for real comfort (soon to be fixed I believe as they expand next door), this is a great eating experience! Oysters had never appealed to me as they look 'shiny' and are raw, but when I finally tasted them at Hank's I wished I hadn't waited so long to do so!!! LOVE the tomato/horseradish dip! I am now a mollusc lady and regular have their mussels after the oysters!! Yes, they have some excellent desserts too, but the small pieces of dark chocolate served to finish the meal is perfect!

Visited February 2013