“A lovely place to stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Colony Inn

Old Colony Inn
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
“A lovely place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We enjoyed the decor, and charm of this "Old style" Alexandria hotel. The service and the amenities make it appealing. The information& map we received upon leaving were excellent. I would definitely recommend Old Colony Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Older hotel that is very well maintained. Very clean hallway and room carpet. Nice paint. Small sink area and old style toilet, but clean bathroom and very manageable for three of us. Dbl beds. Beds clean and comfortable. No microwave or frig. Great shuttle service to metro station. Really nice hot breakfast, each day changing b/t eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, etc. Only problem for us was that there were no fast food restaurants at all w/in walking distance, and didn't find any near us when driving either. Plenty of small specialty restaurants w/in walking distance. Were glad we had extra apples and snacks on hand.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kathleen C
Shelby C, General Manager at Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Kathleen C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate hearing your response regarding our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.
Oregon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed at the Old Colony Inn for 5 nights in May, 2014. The location was excellent. We parked the car and didn't need it until we left. The shuttle took us to and from the Metro station which we used to sightsee and go to a Nationals ballgame. The hotel is a little dated, by that I mean small room, no fridge, and very cramped bathroom. But, it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay there again. I only gave it 4 stars because I think it could use a cosmetic remodel and it is on a service road, which did make it kind of hard to find. The price was also good, as the area is quite expensive. No elevator, which didn't bother us; it might some. No pool, either, or much lounging area in general.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue B
Shelby C, General Manager at Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Sue B,
I am so glad you came and stayed with us while visiting Washington DC. I am happy to hear that our staff made you stay pleasant and was giving you the kind of service you deserve. We are a older hotel as is most the buildings down here in Old Town Alexandria. But just to let you know we are starting on renovations to make improvements. So yes, please come back and visit again and see what we are doing.
Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

My son and I had a great trip to Washington D.C. The hotel staff and drivers were very friendly and helpful. They picked me up from airport, they took me to the subway and it was very convenient. from the subway i went to King Street, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetary and to Smithonians. My flight was later that day and they still took care of us. Even though we checked out. They let me keep my bags and gave me a ride to the subway and they picked us up and took us to the airport upon departure. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was great.

1 Thank D C
Offenbach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed four night in the Best Western Old Colony Inn on my trip to the D.C. area. The hotel is conveniently located just 5 Miles from the National Mall. A scheduled shuttle bus connects the hotel with Braddock Road Metro station; on the way back I had to call the hotel for a shuttle, which arrived minutes after the call.
Breakfast is above Best Western standard. The offered a good choice of juices, coffee, cereals, bread and hot items (changing daily).
The room was clean and quiet. As the hotel is located on a bypass of Washington Parkway, traffic is not too noisy.
Internet connection was fast and stable. Parking is free; some lots are even covered. I will definitely stay here again on my next D.C. trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank RayVonArbys
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed at this Best Western for 5 days while sightseeing the Washington DC area. The location is very convenient to the subway into DC and also close to the night life on King Street. We have two small children 7 and 3. Normally we opt for the suite when staying at a hotel, but for some reason this Best Western does not have any. Need less to say with two double beds and four of us in the room it was a little cramped. There is no refrigerator or microwave in the room and the ice is dispensed in plastic baggies from a freezer by the back door (thought this to be a little hokey).

Dear JasonbP5527XN,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear you came to visit our nations capital and enjoyed some of the fun down on King Street. You are correct, we do not have suites at our hotel. Sorry, we could have provided you with a refrigerator if we had known you wanted one. For the ice bags, we do not have an ice machine right now but still wanted our guest to have ice if they wanted it. So that is why we provided it in bags.
Hope you come back and visit the area again.
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable, plenty of towels, air conditioning competent. The electric outlet for the lamp was an extension cord that came through the wall... I requested a cot when I reserved, but it wasn't in the room - we had to ask for it. Staff are very pleasant, breakfast choices OK - some hot items.