“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent 4 nights here while enjoying the attractions in the Washington, DC area. I am so glad I selected this hotel. Although it is older it is still a good value for your money. It is close to the Metro and the hotel shuttle was very handy. This area of old town Alexandria is very nice and quaint. We could walk a couple of blocks to a couple of very good restaurants.The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility is clean. The rooms were spacious and clean. The comlimentary breakfast was decent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Columbus,WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

What a neat little hotel! This hotel is in the historic residential district of Alexandria Virginia just a few miles south of DCA. Beautifully situated among red brick row houses, cobblestone sidewalks and about 4 blocks from a park and riverwalk on the Potomac. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport (about a 10 minute ride) and to the Braddock Rd. Metro station about a mile away. It took about 20 minutes on the Metro to get to the National Mall and Smithsonian museums. Possibly the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. Free breakfast and Wi/Fi. The rooms (only 49 of them) are average but clean and well maintained. The only negative among the many positives of this hotel was the desk clerks. Literally not one, "Thank You", "good morning" or "hello" during our entire stay. The rest of the staff made up for them though especially the joke telling shuttle driver. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LewisG148
Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am from South Carolina and travel at least five times a year throughout the south east. I would NEVER EVER stay at a Best Western Hotel. I usually book rooms at Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites or Courtyard by Marriott. Because of an event in town, those hotels were booked. I needed to reserve at least six rooms immediately. Therefore, I was forces to notice the reviews for Best Western. I don't think I will stay at another Best Western. When I return to the DC area in the fall, I will definitely return to this hotel. It was conveniently located off of 95/495. The employees were extremely helpful in assisting me with directions. Before checking in, I requested rooms on the first floor to assist one of my aunts that has complications with her knees. June, accommodated my family by reserving the other six (6) rooms on the first floor. It has only been one day and I have recommended this hotel to more than four friends that are frequent visitors to the area. My only disappointment was the breakfast. I read a review that it was a "hot breakfast". Unfortunately, it was continental breakfast. This would, definitely, not stop me from returning as a guest !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GeG1224
Kelso, Washington, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our second stay. We stay here because of the location although the rooms are great and so is the breakfast. We did miss the snack room that they had last time we stayed. The shuttle to the airport and the metro makes it a very convenient place to stay. No need to rent a car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank James R
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a great hotel for people with vehicles who want to be close to the mall in a quiet residential setting. The hotel is fairly intimate, the rooms are spacious and clean & the staff is friendly. The price includes: free parking, Wi-Fi and a descent breakfast. It never took us more than 10 minutes to get to the Mall area. The location is a few blocks from King St, that has shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank kazuzu111
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. The previous stay over a year ago, and we loved it and had a wonderful time. There have been changes and we feel the quality has declined in the last year. They no longer offer the snack kitchen, which was a nice perk, but we understand that it was probably costing far too much to keep it going. That being said, why not turn that room into a vending room with an ice machine?? Trudging up and down those stairs to get ice is very tiring. The breakfast has gone downhill also. The eggs were overcooked so badly, they were not edible. Even the hard boiled eggs were completely dried out. I couldn't eat them. The biscuits and gravy and fresh waffles were the only saving grace for this breakfast. I would suggest stopping the hot food and focus on providing better fresh cold options like bagels, muffins and fresh fruit if this is the best you can do.

The shuttle service is still a great convenience and we used it daily to get to and from the metro and to dinner every night. Even with the negatives, we still think the good outweighs the bad and we would still recommend the hotel and hope that things improve before our next trip.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you are unable to climb stairs ask for a room on the first floor.