“Dont give your credit cards details !!!”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #44 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Richmond
“Dont give your credit cards details !!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

No comments on experience of stay or the value of maney.....
Dont give you card details while booking. PAY BY CASH only.
I booked giving details of credit card. I consider that it is for certain security if I do something to their property. They deducted the amounts from the card towards the expenses of stay.
When I checked out, there was certain outstanding amount which was supposed to be returned to me. i was told that it would be refunded in my account in max 4 days. That was Nov 9th and today is Dec 30th.
i have been calling to the hotel to no result, they just faxed me the copy saying final statement does say that $270 needs to be refunded.....but when....sorry,,we cant say contact corporate office. Corporate office connects me back to the hotel.
No replies to mail sent.
if you dont believe in burning your hard money..........stay away from extended stay....
Ohh...they accept cash and travellers cheque but they will not return more than $20-$25 ....so give cash or travellers cheque of $20, $50...or again it will go to the ESA account and they wont return more than $20-$25....so how willl one get back the amount that needs to be returned by the hotel.....I dont know caz I dint get back any :(
Dont go near ESA ...you will lose money on services that u used (not gud anyway).....plus surcharges depending how much they are able to deduct from ur card....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2009

First of all, it is located next to a cemetary and interstate and, as one local resident put it "iffy, schetchy neighborhood". Upon arrival, for business,(to be eight weeks in length), the hotel had an overwhelmingly pungent BAD smell that permeated into the rooms. People staying there placed their bags of garbage and dirty laundry (as high as 3 feet) in the hallways along the corridors, this was not an isolated incident. In fact, the hotel posts signs in the elevators and along the hallway asking people not to place their garbage and laundry in the halls. It only gets worse! Flithly hotel. I insisted that my company move me out within the week.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We chose this hotel because of its location (near where my son lives) and reasonable price. It is an extended stay hotel so there is maid service only once a week. The room was very big, if a little worn. There was a recliner chair as well as two tables. It is right by a shopping center so it is easy to buy food for the kichen. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was not not glamorous, but very functional for our needs.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I booked this through Hotwire, so I didn't know what to expect because I had never stayed at one of these before. I went up and checked out the room before my wife had a chance and I was very relieved to find it nice and clean with no strange odors. We had three rooms and my brothers and their wives were also very pleased. They had been threatening me all the way from Ohio if the rooms weren't nice that they were going to leave me with the bill and go somewhere else. The people at the front desk were very friendly and quite helpful with directions to restaurants and the metro. All in all it was a very nice three night stay. The only negative I can think of is these rooms have kitchens in them and there was some fairly strong cooking odors in the hallway but not in the rooms.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — some cooking odors
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
San Diego Ca
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Got this room thru Hotwire, (sight unseen of course) would never have reserved the room after reading comments on this site.
Hotel was a 2 star all the way. Old hard plastic room keys from the early 1990's. Small 19 inch TV. Kitchenette.
The room I was in smelled like smoke, but it appeared clean.
All in all, I had no real problems from this hotel. I would NOT recommend using this hotel as a place to stay for a family vacation.
We used it for one night prior to an early a.m. flight out of Natl Airport (approx 8 miles away) and it suited us fine.

• Liked — Easy access off the 395, residential neighborhood.
  • Disliked — Room smelled like smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
D.C. Metro Area
Reviewed May 1, 2008

I paid $50 bucks for a room, and received what I paid for. The room was clean roomy (handicap accessible), and featured a tiny kitchette. I did notice that locals weren't only staying there, but living there as well. The highlight of my stay was my gym visit to Ballys Total Fitness, it was free and fabulous.

Stayed April 2008
NJ
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Arrived at the hotal at 11pm and the front desk was closed. I received my key from a cleaning lady who didn't speak English. I was told we had a non smoking room and there were signs in the room that said no smoking. The room smelled so bad of smoke that I couldn't sleep. When I left at 7am there was no one at the front desk either. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple