Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #49 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Dirty rooms, breakfast is one granola bar + coffee + apple. The renovation includes painting outside, there is no maintenance on the rooms. There was no oven in the room. Barely 2 plates and 2 forks provided. Will not recommend this place, unless you are looking for the cheapest place around.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank travelerD9935RR

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Room was clean and looks like property was recently renovated. Bed was comfortable. They give several options for internet. Basic internet is free but you have to pay for higher speed. The basic worked fine for checking email. TV is flat screen but not high def. Staff was friendly and check in easy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Checked in about 430 and left at 500 to make our show. 5 rooms with 14 teenage girls and 6 adults. We returned about 1030 and first the king bed we ordered wasn't available. Second the sheets had black heads and pubic hair in it. The clerk offered a blanket to lay my two year old on then gave me new sheets that had cigarette holes in it and I had to put them on myself. Next the girls room the bed had a urine stain and odor. The clerk came to smell the bed but refused to smell the sheets and said there was nothing wrong with the room. Next another room had ants crawling on the counter . The clerk could do nothing but try to give us another room. We changed rooms and at midnight with 14 teenage girls those rooms were just as bad. They would not compensate us for any inconvenience. We ended up leaving the hotel and canceling 5 rooms... Do not stay at this hotel if you value your health.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank jlffo4
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I went to this hotel with trepidation. My last stay at Extended Stay America resulted in me having a "non smoking room" that reeked of some sort of deoderant, and had some weird brown stuff on the sink faucet. So I was pleasantly surprised to find the bare bones non smoking room I got this time to really be non smoking and fairly clean.

All that changed in the morning however. My room had a sink and two folded up washcloths by the sink. When I unfolded one of the washcloths to use it, there was a huge mans beard hair inside! I was instantly disgusted and just wanted to leave, but I first went to take a shower. But then I noticed major hairs stuck to the walls of the shower.

There is no excuse for that. How do you not see stuff like that when you clean? Was the mans beard hair placed there on purpose? I'll never know. But I will also never return to an Extended Stay America as long as I live. If you do Name your own Price, keep it above 2 and a half stars and you will not get Extended Stay America.

I know that's what I intend to do.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel. Then you won't have to choose a room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Avisonenthal
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dca@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

It was as a result of a deal I found myself at the Extended Stay America at 205 North Breckinridge Place in Alexandria, Virginia. It is a lovely little hotel located near Landmark Plaza, and Landmark Mall is only a few minutes away. The room was furnished with a queen sized bed, a nice recliner, a desk, a nightstand/desk, large screened television and a lovely kitchenette which featured a full sized refrigerator, a two burner electric stove top, a microwave, and dishes and one pot and one pan. The ability to actually prepare my meals made my stay special since I was able to prepare the meals I desired rather than settling for whatever might be available from nearby restaurants. The hotel was quiet and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth T
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Elizabeth – The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I booked this place a week before my travel date for 2 nights. I called the hotel and got a confirmation for 2 beds in the room as i was travelling as a family with 2 kids. After a 10 hours drive I reached at 8:30pm and i was told there are no more 2 double bed rooms available as they are sold out !!! Just a sorry we can't help you !!!! After wasting about 40 min at the reception I moved to another hotel but I am never ever going there again.While at the reception, I came across 4 other families who were in a similar situation. People who had booked rooms with 2 beds and were given a 1 queen bed room.I witnessed guests coming back from their room complaining about their keys that didn't work ! I had spoken to some guy with an Indian accent the day I booked my room and requested the room type but at check in time I was told that only women work in the mornings and there was no such person working there although Frederick who was at the reception at the time of my check in then told me that a person named Akram was working at the time I called and he did make a mention of my request but never assigned me a room ! Is that my fault? I am so glad we did not stay there. It is definitely not a place to stay if you are on a holiday. Leave alone friends, I wouldn't recommend this place even to my enemies !

Room Tip: If you want to experience hell, book a room here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank zen5253
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues you experienced at our hotel. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dca@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Otherwise it was a nice little room, clean and everything we needed in the kitchen. BUT we requested a smoke free room but yet it smelled like smoke!? They either just recently went smoke free and haven't changed the carpet OR they change which rooms are smoke free based on how many people are staying at the hotel who want smoke free rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marilynlov7
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your room smelled like cigarette smoke. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and your fully equipped kitchen. Please do not hesitate to contact me at dca2@extendedstay.com if you have any further comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.