“Much better than expected”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Ohio
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I booked this through Hotwire, so I didn't know what to expect because I had never stayed at one of these before. I went up and checked out the room before my wife had a chance and I was very relieved to find it nice and clean with no strange odors. We had three rooms and my brothers and their wives were also very pleased. They had been threatening me all the way from Ohio if the rooms weren't nice that they were going to leave me with the bill and go somewhere else. The people at the front desk were very friendly and quite helpful with directions to restaurants and the metro. All in all it was a very nice three night stay. The only negative I can think of is these rooms have kitchens in them and there was some fairly strong cooking odors in the hallway but not in the rooms.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — some cooking odors
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego Ca
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Got this room thru Hotwire, (sight unseen of course) would never have reserved the room after reading comments on this site.
Hotel was a 2 star all the way. Old hard plastic room keys from the early 1990's. Small 19 inch TV. Kitchenette.
The room I was in smelled like smoke, but it appeared clean.
All in all, I had no real problems from this hotel. I would NOT recommend using this hotel as a place to stay for a family vacation.
We used it for one night prior to an early a.m. flight out of Natl Airport (approx 8 miles away) and it suited us fine.

• Liked — Easy access off the 395, residential neighborhood.
  • Disliked — Room smelled like smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
D.C. Metro Area
Reviewed May 1, 2008

I paid $50 bucks for a room, and received what I paid for. The room was clean roomy (handicap accessible), and featured a tiny kitchette. I did notice that locals weren't only staying there, but living there as well. The highlight of my stay was my gym visit to Ballys Total Fitness, it was free and fabulous.

Stayed April 2008
NJ
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Arrived at the hotal at 11pm and the front desk was closed. I received my key from a cleaning lady who didn't speak English. I was told we had a non smoking room and there were signs in the room that said no smoking. The room smelled so bad of smoke that I couldn't sleep. When I left at 7am there was no one at the front desk either. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
International
Reviewed August 6, 2007

The hotel allows pets - cats and dogs, etc. As such, it smells. During our stay, a guest lets her dog ran around releasing itself in the hallways. When we saw the poops right in front of our room, we moved to another hotel.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2006

No Value uses the cheapeast keys not magnetic. Lost keys and did not change the key just gave another one on file!!

As other states stay elsewhere and you will be better off why you want to stay here is beyond my comprehension..

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

For the price you pay you should get something.For a suite hotel. No nothing you dont get even soap to clean your dishes or nothing. Penny pinching hotel at its best. As stated limited hotel office hours even flea bags hotels has somebody at the desk 24 hours a day. Rooms are basic and clean but the mattress and lights etc are very cheap quality. Hotel is very poor with customer service as emails were never responding.

Cheap soap some time of brown soap very rough,also dont expect anything no dsl no breakfeasts no nothing no hair dryer heaver forbid the hotel buys one or pool etc.

STAY ELSEWHERE AND YOU WILL BE MUCH BETTER OFF !!!

WATCH OUT THIS IS A ONE STAR PRICELINE HOTEL FOR ALEXANDRIA AREA..

• Stayed March 2006
Travelers also viewed these Alexandria hotels
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
TownePlace Suites Alexandria Fort Belvoir
Quality Inn Mount Vernon
Quality Inn Mount Vernon
#29 of 54 in Alexandria

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Property: Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Address: 205 N Breckinridge Pl, Alexandria, VA 22312-2704
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria