“My pleasant stay at the extended stay Alexandria landmark va”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have come to this hotel many times and its at a very convenient location and the staff is really nice and helpful. But I must say my favorite of the staff is Maryam Mahmood hands down. She is kind and funny and always makes sure your stay is comfortable . She seems more like a friend than a staff member. As far as the rooms go they are very spacious you won't feel claustrophobic. But it would be nice if they had more pillows..but still the same anytime I come to northern va I will always stay at the extended stay landmark Alexandria . They treat you like family. It's a home away from home

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Mariam N, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love this location! Maryam and Sara are awesome customer service and always make me feel comfortable during my stay!!! Will definitely repeat my visit. Breakfast and renovations are going well too !

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I would like to thank jessica & sarah they were the best morning & evening front desk clerks luv u 2 very much.
Plus the manager marian is very rude mad needs more customer service advise y did yall let the other man monher go so sweet an happy I will miss the housekeeping lady Rose

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

i arrived at this hotel through priceline usually i get placed at the extended stay on eisenhower excluding this time immediately i was greeted by Gorge he was a GREAT help i needed help with my bags and he was there to assist me. I am so very greatful for him to be there because without him i dont think i would have been able to have my stay accomodated. He informed me about the area and gave me directions and even handed me a bus schedule and even called a cab that i needed that i forgot about!!!!!!!!!!! he is very very helpful and he definantly made my stay worth while since i was only there during the evenings on weekends. other then that the room was very comfortable quite roomy and very quite and peaceful. i was able to do my work in peace :) i would definiately stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Gorge. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Ive been staying at the extended stay for a weeks now and I must say that I have recieved the best customer ever. My room was really clean and was very equipped with everything that I needed to have a comfortable stay. there is an employee MARYAM whom I will never forget, she has made my stay here the best anything I needed whether it was extra towles or a wine opener she took care of me ..I must say that this lady surely desrves a promotion...I will for sure be comming back to stay here once I am in town again

Room Tip: all rooms facing the front has great sun light and a nice view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DenishaAnderson
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My company booked this for my stay in the USA. I checked in on a Saturday and the check-in lady seemed to be totally clueless and made it appear to be my fault. I was given a room on the first floor (Room 115) from memory. The room absolutely stank of cigarettes and animals. The bed sheets had holes in them.

I was woken several times during the night on several occassions by guest dogs barking. The hotel also claims to be in Alexandria but is in fact in Lincolnia which to put it midly is a much less desirable area; a good point was that it was a very quick commute into DC. I was scheduled to stay here for 4 weeks but stayed only 1 week.
Look elsewhere... a few nice places in Falls Church VA.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Alexandria. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. I am sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to demonstrate our redoubled efforts with a future stay at the property.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I strongly reccomend the Extended Stay America experience to professionals with immediate travel plans anywhere in the United States. The flexible scheduling and inexpensive daily, weekly, or monthly rates offer a much needed service feature. Placing Extended Stay America in class of its' own among low cost hotel and motel services available in the US.

Room Tip: Contact the local management for suggestions 7 to 10 days in advance of your arrival for best result...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Alexandria. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.