I stayed at this hotel on St. Patricks day 2010. 20$ cab ride from DCA. Check in was quick and polite. I stayed on what my colleague who has stayed there before in the "old wing". The room was still satisfactory, however you will be dealing with a wall mounted AC/heat, old CRT tv instead of a flat panel, and older carpet, etc.
I slept well as everything was comfortable. Breakfast was actually very decent for Hampton Inn's....and I saw the lady placing fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts out. I had to get one.
Most important for me, especially with the hotel not being in walking distance to any restaurant or shops, was the free shuttle. They were great as far as hotel shuttles go. I had little to know wait time. On a busy St. Patty's day they were easily available to drop us off and pick us up from hotel to restaurant, etc. This was something that I'm not used to enjoying from a Hampton.
I would stay there again due to the shuttle, although I may try the Hampton on King street to see how it fares with location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and upgraded two bedded rooms to 2 queen size beds. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn