“Good location, helpful staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Apex, North Carolina
“Good location, helpful staff”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for two days around the 4th of July. Location was great right off the highway and so close to Old Town, easy to drive to and no problems parking. Room was plenty big enough for our family of 5. Our room was directly outside the elevator, but never heard any noise in the hall. We used the shuttle to the metro and it was very efficient. Would stay here again.

1 Thank ncga2r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

After traveling over 36 hours without rest, the Hampton Staff allowed us to check in early. The staff was awesome in taking care of all our requests. The maid service was excellent and always had a smile that brighten our day. Thanks Hampton for making our military move more enjoyable!

1 Thank Tony E
PA
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice room, clean and comfortable. Had a refrigerator and microwave. Was surprised by the different free breakfasts offered each day. Friendly staff, free shuttle to Old Town, Bobby was the best driver as he gave insight and answered all of our questions. Would have been five stars if the HBO and some of the other stations were working.

Room Tip: Wifi was free for one day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg SC, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Made sure the rooms were clean.I walk into a dirty room beds not made . Sent me to another room the key did not work and maint. came and tried to open but could not. I had to sit in the hallway with twim babies and my husband after driving 8 hours. So I was really fustrated. Ask for pillows for my room none were availalbe. I do business with you all thur my job as well in a corp. account. And I was more than dissatified with the service. Even though I was on vacation this time with my family paying for this was displeasing to me and my family.The only reason I would go back is that my stay at other hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend while visiting our daughter who lives in DC. It was easily accessible to DC and a good value as far as DC hotels go. Standard Hampton Inn room & breakfast. The noise level and crowds in the lobby and parking lot at night were unwelcomed. Apparently, there was a very large family reunion utilizing the Hampton's pool and conference rooms for its festivities.

• Stayed July 2014
West Chester, PA, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very pleased with our stay. Totally enjoyable. From the front desk staff to the excellent condition of the room, everything was tip top. To round out the features, our breakfast certainly helped to start our day out on a full tank.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

There are only a couple things we need when we travel. Those things are (but are not limited to) clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a good shower. This hotel has all of them. The staff here is very accommodating as well. Everyone treated us like they were happy we were here. We enjoyed our stay. The location is good for a weekend jaunt in DC. Not too far from Huntington Metro station, 5 minute drive, and parking at the Metro is free on the weekends. That definitely is a plus. You can park and not bother with DC's awful traffic. The only downside we encountered here were lots of folks were gathered outside the hotel in the back blasting music and just being loud late at night. It was a little annoying. This happened both nights we stayed. We didn't make a big deal about it because we were so tired from sightseeing all day that nothing would keep us up anyway. However, I could see this being a problem under any other circumstances. I prefer a bit more security when I travel. Not that there was danger, but c'mon have security in your budget and keep the place calm and quiet, inside and out. This is a good hotel in a good location; I'm not certain we would return though.

Stayed July 2014