Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
$192
$149
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$162
$161
$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Official Hotel
$299
Orbitz.com
$275
$246
1,201 results
All reviewsold townfree shuttleshuttle servicehuntington metro stationnational harborthe breakfast areawafflesfree breakfastoutdoor pooldc areafront desk staffyellow linehotel shuttlebreakfast staffnice stayhot breakfastbusiness center
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler, I expect a certain level of service, and this property did not meet this standard at all. After a flight cancellation left me in the area overnight, I quickly booked using the HHonors App. Thinking this reliable source to reserve as I've done in the past, I was offered only a smoking room, not what I have in my file, no water was offered to me And not once was I thanked for being a Diamond member. Perhaps it is the pisspoor desk clerks ( who happen to be the managers) who have kept this property to the sub par level it is. It is outdated, dirty and average at best. Not a property I will revisit on my frequent trips to the DC area for work.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MickiHeineken, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety is my highest priority for our guests. While room type requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Spent a week with our son, daughter in-law and 2 year old granddaughter. Travel to downtown was never an issue due to shuttle dropping us off at Metro station. Shuttle also took us several times to Old Town for dinner and shopping. Shuttle accommodated the stroller in back of van with no issue. If it wasn't for our short drive to Mount Vernon, we would have never moved our car the entire week.
Front desk staff were always helpful (and busy). Only having one elevator off main entrance created a wait at times. Always BIG crowds at breakfast but plenty of seating. Food variety was nice. Would go back and stay at this hotel without question.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dan S
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The service was excellent. Folks at the front desk were knowledgeable about the area and places to go for shopping site-seeing, restaurants, etc. Accommodations were nice and clean. The complimentary breakfast and shuttle to metro were very convenient. The exact area it's in doest have a whole lot but you only have to go a couple of miles for lots of restaurants, nice outlet shopping, etc. Go a bit farther or take their complimentary shuttle and you can check out Old Town Alexandria. It isn't a 5 star hotel but very good for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 25, 2014

While located by the highway is convenient there is no where ti get out and walk/shop. You either must drive into Old Town or rely on the shuttle which while convenient was never there and ready when I was. The front desk staff were friendly but always overwhelmed with questions, phone calls and people trying to check in and out. There was only one person per shift at the desk all weekend. It was Cherry Blossom Festival week. The hotel was fully booked. One group of 200 high school kids overwhelmed the breakfast staff as well. Not a bad place if you do not care to go out and about at your whim. Clean, safe and in line with other Hampton Inns I have stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel makes up for being located in an area with almost no services by having a great 24 hour shuttle service. When factoring in the money you don't have to spend on cabs, the hotel's value increases. It was clean and new. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business