This looks like a great hotel, but I had a bad experience.
1. RESERVATION. I called the Hotel Receptionist to book a six night stay and was told I could cancel up to one day prior to the reservation. I provided my name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. They gave me a confirmation number. I later learned that all information except my credit card number and last name was not documented by the hotel, even the confirmation number I was given was incorrect. The hotel never emailed me any reservation verification.
2. CANCELLATION. I cancelled over one month prior to the stay- The Hotel receptionist told me my confirmation number was incorrect and could not find my reservation. They said that there was no record of my reservation. I asked them to please continue looking because I made the reservation. Then, they looked up my name by date of reservation. There was no one with my first name on those dates in their system. However, they had my last name correct and the 6 night stay correct, but nothing else. I again provided my phone number, email address, and correct spelling of my name. After taking the data, the Receptionist told me not to worry and they would cancel the reservation. I understood the matter was resolved and I made reservations at a different one of their hotel properties. The hotel never emailed me any cancellation verification.
3. BASELESS CHARGE. Today, I see a charge for $111.39 on April 2nd show up on my credit card. I spoke with Wanda Delgado, the manager at the hotel. From her perspective, there is no record in the system that anyone cancelled my reservation or that my call to cancel ever occurred. Therefore, she refuses to reserve the charge. From my perspective, the hotel's records still do not include my phone number, email address, and even my name is still misspelled.
4. UNDISPUTED FACT. It is undisputed that that Holiday Inn failed to document my email address, full name, telephone number, and never sent me any reservation or cancellation paperwork. The Hotel Manager verified this information herself and therefore is on notice that my matter was not properly documented. No paper record of my reservation was ever made. Due to the numerous errors the Manager verified herself, she should have reversed the charge without causing me hassle. The Hotel cannot prove anything - that I ever made a reservation or cancelled. The Hotel would need to use my testimony to prove I made a reservation. My full testimony is that I properly cancelled the reservation and the Hotel orally verified that to be true. The charge is baseless.
5. My credit card reversed the charge and Holiday Inn lost a customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria- Historic District is located in the heart of Alexandria, convenient to everything Old Town Alexandria and Washington, DC have to offer. The Potomac River and King Street's entertainment district, restaurants and boutique shopping are just blocks from the hotel. At our pet friendly hotel, we provide complimentary high-speed Internet and shuttle service to Reagan National Airport, Metro and King Street. Experience fine hospitality when you stay at the Holiday Inn. During your stay, dine in Traditions Restaurant and Lounge, featuring the specialties of Alexandria and light American fare. Kids Eat Free (with select rates and accompanied by an adult) in our restaurant and will enjoy our combination indoor/outdoor pool. Famed attractions in the Washington, DC and Alexandria, VA area include the Smithsonian museums, White House, Capitol Building, Mount Vernon, and the numerous monuments and cemeteries. This hotel in Alexandria, VA is also convenient to the Pentagon and Crystal City. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, let the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria-Historic District be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Historic District Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn