“Eisenhower Thai”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eisenhower East
Reviewed April 26, 2019

Near the Eisenhower Ave. Metro Stop is a casual Thai restaurant. The food is quite good and there are many options. In addition to Thai, they serve sushi and sashimi. I enjoyed their Sea War salad. I wouldn't consider it to be a destination spot from Washington, DC, but if you are visiting the National Science Foundation headquarters, it is a short block away and a good option for lunch. One slight drawback is the service, which is a bit slow and unattentive.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

I took a break from traveling to have what I hoped would be some good Thai. I got exactly what I was desiring! This place did not let me down. I had the Thai Fried Rice. The food was cooked to perfection and was truly tantalizing! Also, the wait for seating and the meal was not long at all. The inside of the restaurant was nice, also. I can’t wait to visit again as this was some of the best Thai food I’ve had!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Food here was well-seasoned, and a good variety of options was available. The restaurant wasn’t very busy (heard this was lingering effects from the shutdown). Service was slow. I would go back.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Service: Terrible.
During lunch (on a non-busy day), our water was only filled out once when the waiter brought over the check.
They spilled a bowl of curry in between my colleagues, which soiled their coats and scarf (talk about smelling like curry all day long). We had to use all our napkins to clean it up, and worst of all, the guy who caused all this was not even SINCERE in apologizing or bothered to come help clean things up. Typically, the owner/manager of the restaurant will do *something* to remedy that kind of bizarre situation (like comping the meal, offering free meals next time, or offering free desserts), he/she did NOTHING. And they made us each pay 20% tip--yes, 20%-- for their "outstanding" service. The guy who caused this big mess, also nearly spilled another bowl of curry, passed down a heavy plate of hot noodles along the long table. During the whole time, I wonder does he even know basic etiquette and manners? He is one of the WORST servers I have encountered.

Food: Terrible.
Everything taste like it is doused with salt. Out of the ten business lunches, all the dishes I ordered tasted extremely salty. The consistency in spiciness is off. Food with 2 chili peppers can vary significantly in spiciness. The food is bland otherwise, it is not fragrant, it is either salty or spicy.

Value: Terrible.
For that kind of money they ask for Thai food, I suggest go elsewhere for better quality thai food.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019

The food was actually quite good. When I told the server we were trying to make a movie they picked up the pace. Parking is a little difficult during busy times.

Date of visit: January 2019