“Interesting venue; deceptively hot peppers”
Review of Galae Thai

Galae Thai
Ranked #154 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eisenhower East
Alexandria, Virginia
“Interesting venue; deceptively hot peppers”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am not a thai savant; I hardly know what it is I am looking at when ordering. Still, this restaurant had a great atmosphere and good tasting food... my one negative experience was confusing the peppers used in one dish for green beans (looked just like 'em.) It took an emergency trip to the Coldstone ice cream place next door to cool down afterward. (water does nothing.)

Visited May 2012

“Hands down, the best Thai restaurant I have been to.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Where to begin. First of all the restaurant itself is beautifully decorated. Has amazing Buddhist influence, wall art, and statues. It feels really intimate without being overdone and tacky in my opinion. Even the menus themselves are created out of wood. Small but nice details set the place apart. I have been here several times, Spring Rolls were great, and the miso soup was delicious as well. I have had several entrees there, but my favorite standout was their panang curry. I have yet to find a better version of it at another Thai Place. Service can be hit or miss depending on your waiter/waitress. One time the person was amazing, constantly refilled rinks and checked on us. Another time they were no one to be found - however it does get very crowded in the evenings. Last but not least, try their Thai Iced Coffee!!

This place would make an excellent date night restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Clayton, Georgia
“good fusion Thai food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

friendly, beautiful ambiance, attentive wait staff. The Gra Pao Ped (deep fried crispy boneless duck with sweet basil in a chili sauce) was beyond excellent. The Pineapple Fried Rice good, but forgettable.

Visited September 2012
Redwood City, California
“"Lovely atmosphere and delicious Thai food"”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had a group of 16 people for our family dinner. There were a variety of entrees and appetizers ordered. The empanadas were very light and flavorful. The Pad Thai was served in a phylo crust type edible bowl. I had mine with shrimp which was very tasty. The staff was friendly and attentive to our large group. A very delicious meal. Highly recommend this restaurant. Also very clean and the interior was tastefully decorated.

1 Thank Bernadette G
Woodbridge, VA
“Love this Thai place!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have a Go-To Thai Place in almost every city, but this is my go to Thai Place when i'm in Alexandria. This place hands down has the best decor for a night out on the town! It is nestled between other restaurants across from the AMC Hoffman Movie Theatre and a stone's throw from Old Towne Alexandria. There is plenty of parking and even a parking garage and is accessible to the metro. This spot is all about the details from the atmosphere to the menus. I've been several times and some wait staff speaks english better than others, but if you know your Thai Food, you'll be fine. I order the Thai Basil Fried Rice and I don't hesitate to ask for the spice tray in case I want to add my own spices. One of my other favorite dishes is Pad Kana Chicken, but here they don't have the Chinese brocolli so if you enjoy that dish just ask them to make it up with regular brocolli and brown sauce. I've gone with friends and they enjoy many of the dishes. I will be back!

Visited June 2012