“good fusion Thai food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eisenhower East
Reviewed September 24, 2012

friendly, beautiful ambiance, attentive wait staff. The Gra Pao Ped (deep fried crispy boneless duck with sweet basil in a chili sauce) was beyond excellent. The Pineapple Fried Rice good, but forgettable.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had a group of 16 people for our family dinner. There were a variety of entrees and appetizers ordered. The empanadas were very light and flavorful. The Pad Thai was served in a phylo crust type edible bowl. I had mine with shrimp which was very tasty. The staff was friendly and attentive to our large group. A very delicious meal. Highly recommend this restaurant. Also very clean and the interior was tastefully decorated.

1  Thank Bernadette009
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have a Go-To Thai Place in almost every city, but this is my go to Thai Place when i'm in Alexandria. This place hands down has the best decor for a night out on the town! It is nestled between other restaurants across from the AMC Hoffman Movie Theatre and a stone's throw from Old Towne Alexandria. There is plenty of parking and even a parking garage and is accessible to the metro. This spot is all about the details from the atmosphere to the menus. I've been several times and some wait staff speaks english better than others, but if you know your Thai Food, you'll be fine. I order the Thai Basil Fried Rice and I don't hesitate to ask for the spice tray in case I want to add my own spices. One of my other favorite dishes is Pad Kana Chicken, but here they don't have the Chinese brocolli so if you enjoy that dish just ask them to make it up with regular brocolli and brown sauce. I've gone with friends and they enjoy many of the dishes. I will be back!

1  Thank HerJourneys
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Tonight we took our friend here to eat. It's the first time he's been to a restaurant in 4 months. He had a stroke and is now confined to a wheelchair. I called in advance and when we walked in we were treated with instant warmth. The food was good. I would have liked to have seen some more vegetarian appetizers but the entrees were big enough to satisfy. The decor is really lovely.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We always order from here and the food has never been unsatisfactory. We have eaten in the restaurant once and it's a beautiful restaurant. Very nice staff, very good food.

Been to Galae Thai? Share your experiences!