“Breakfast was great, but slow”
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve a Table
Tue, 6/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #60 of 901 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
Description: Modern New American with an Atlantic Coastal Twist. Jackson 20 is proud to welcome back Executive Chef Brian McPherson. Located adjacent to the Alexandrian Hotel, Autograph Collection.
Reviewed November 8, 2018

We were staying at the Alexandrian, and had coupons for two free breakfasts. Coffee, Juice, and an Entree. The food was excellent... Bacon, Arugula, Fried Green Tomatoes, and (I believe two) Fried Egg(s) on Sourdough hit the spot.
But service was slow... really slow... not attentive... and I'm not making excuses for them, but this feels standard for breakfast dining in hotels. Don't know why, but they don't seem prepared for business people wanting a quick meal.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 24, 2018

I ate at the Jackson 20 restaurant for dinner on Sunday Night October 21, 2018. I was the second customer in the restaurant and was immediately greeted by the staff. I was sat at a table and immediately given water and my drink order was taken. I did not get a recommendation from my waiter, but he was very prompt with his service. I ordered a Cesar Salad to start and then ordered the beef brisket with mash potatoes and BBQ sauce. The Cesar Salad was Ok nothing special to write home about. The salad could have been dressed a little more but that is just a personal preference. The beef brisket was good and tender. The BBQ sauce was tangy and good. The mash potatoes were cold and not very good at all. I could not understand why the potatoes were cold seeing as I was the second customer of the night. I will point out for full disclosure that I did not send the potatoes back so the staff could not make it right. I do not hold it against the staff since I did not give them the ability to make it right. Overall, the service was great, but the food was good but not all that. It defiantly was not worth the $60-$70 I paid for myself for dinner. I believe that the food was very overpriced due to it is attached to the Alexandria Hotel and they can get away with charging what they charged. I will not be eating at Jackson 20 again for that reason.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We had brunch at 12:30pm, which consisted of a bagel, Scottish salmon (lox), capers, tomatoes, pickled onions, and cream cheese, which was wonderful! My daughter had a fruit salad, which was a variety of sweet fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapples, and cantaloupe). It was delicious, too! Service was excellent and the server was extremely attentive.

I returned for dinner, solo, and I was never so thrilled. The burger that was featured came with an egg and cheddar cheese, of which I preferred neither. Instead I asked for a medium rare burger, raw onion and everything else...tomato and Thousand Island dressing. I am telling you it was cooked to perfection!!! Everything was perfect!

However, the star of the night, center stage, drumroll please——the fries!!! They were the awesomest I’ve ever had in life!!! I’m no spring chicken, have traveled internationally, and have eaten fries everywhere, and I’m here to tell you they were awesome! No words can do them justice...you just have to try them. That’s all I can say!

Don’t even get me started with the dessert! I can’t remember the name of it...something like a Triple Chocolate Mousse cake something or other, with raspberry coulis, and a raspberry sorbet (I think). The cake was light, smooth, and not too sweet. The raspberry coulis was delicious and perfectly complimented the cake. The sorbet was so on pointe, and unexpectedly wonderful that I couldn’t speak until I was done! And here’s the interesting thing: I NEVER eat raspberry desserts! And never is a big word! It simply blew me out of the water!

If ever we're in the area again, we will definitely return, without hesitation!!! We were thrilled to pieces with our experience!!!

Reviewed October 18, 2018

Had breakfast here 2 days in a row and had exactly the same thing: 2 eggs with sausage, toast and hash brown. Stayed at the Alexandrian and breakfast was included. The service is prompt and the food as expected from a decent restaurant. It was not spectacular or bad, just average. The decor is nice and expect that the place would be more lively and the food perhaps better for dinner.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Love this place! Returned the second night due to such great service the previous night!! Great atmosphere, excellent waitstaff and most importantly great food!!

Date of visit: September 2018