“Among the best ribs I've ever had!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
Richmond, Virginia
“Among the best ribs I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I made my first dinner visit to Jackson 20 recently during the Alexandria Restaurant Week promotion.

First, a tip: during cold winter evenings avoid being seated directly across from the front door. I watched a couple suffer (with their laps draped by their heavy coats) through their entire meal. Fortunately, I had a wonderful window seat near enough to the bar to be lively without being too noisy (a great people-watching position).

The Country Ham and Corn Fritters appetizer was very nice, but the full-rack ($7 up charge) of BBQ Spare Ribs served with Collard Greens and Mac'n'Cheese sides was amazing! The meat was plentiful, juicy, smoky-sweet and slid off the bone with a gentle nudge.

I chose the Market (Peach) Cobbler for dessert and was very happy.

I was also able to score an enjoyable and remarkably inexpensive bottle of Montpellier Pinot Noir from Jackson 20's "20 for $20" wine list.

Finally, I should add that the service was outstanding - particularly considering the crowded Restaurant Week conditions.

• Visited January 2014
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello Mike and thank you for the review. I could not agree with you more about the cold winter nights and seating. It is something that has bothered me since I began working here a year ago, so we finally have plans to install an airlock which will be going in at the beginning of summer. I also agree with you that the 20 wines for $20 is a best deal in town.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A great alternative to hotels in downtown DC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I frequently travel to DC and normal stay in Georgetown. On my last trip my normal places were booked so I stayed at the Monaco. It was a delight. The hotel is well decorated. The rooms are spacious, clean, and interesting. I ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, Jackson 20, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. The hotel is located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria and there are a number of bars and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is 5 minutes from Reagan Airport, 10 from downtown DC (unless its rush hour), and a ten minute walk from the King's Street Metro Station if you prefer the subway. I can't wait to return to this place.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank GravityFails1
Jaffrey, NH
“An enjoyable family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our second trip to Old Town Alexandria and stopped in at the Jackson 20 for dinner again. Lively atmosphere, very attentive service and great seasonal menu.

Visited December 2013
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor!

I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your dinner with us.

We look forward to serving you again.. Hopefully soon!

Becky Bray
becky.bray@jackson20.com
(703)842-2790
Solana Beach, California, United States
“American food in Alexandria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

A snow storm shut down DC, including our the dinner spot we had reservations for, so we opted for convenience. If you are staying in the Monaco Hotel, it means eating at Jackson 20.
The menu is simple, but there are choices for everyone.
The butter lettuce salad was very good (especially with the vinaigrette on the side). The steak was perfectly made, and the sides (onion rings, broccoli and potatoes in a cream sauce) were rich and flavorful.
The service was prompt, cheerful and attentive.
Compared to some of the restaurant choices around, the food offerings are basic, but a fair value never the less.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is always a bummer to cancel reservations due to weather, but I am glad we were able to be there for you and accommodate your needs. And above all.. you enjoyed everything!

Hopefully you have future plans to visit us as we look forward to serving you again.

Becky Bray
becky.bray@jackson20.com
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I love Kimpton properties! I wanted to take my sweetie to shop and discover Alexandria. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco. It was the best!!! We enjoyed everything from check in to check out. The staff was first class and the accommodations were spectacular. It is in close proximity to many of the shops and we were able to walk Old Towne and enjoy the views!!

Visited May 2013