“Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
alicante, spain
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Maybe I made the wrong choice, but the chicken I had here could have been tastier. Maybe I'm just difficult. Wine was good, but far from cheap. However the bar is to be recommended- good barmen, good drinks and great atmosphere (if you can get a seat…)

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is unfortunate that the chicken dish you ordered wasn't up to your satisfaction. I do hope you plan to return for we have many other options for you to try.

However, I am glad to hear your bar experience was delightful and that you would recommend it.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to me directly.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Plain Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Greeted immediately by an older lady that clearly didn't understand the concept of Open Table and basically laughed when I said we had a reservation saying we are always ready for you? Then proceeded to seat us at an unset table...waitress was slow and barely cordial, never brought napkins after making a joke when I asked for some when she presented flatware (we finally grabbed our own off empty neighboring tables) they were out of 2 entrees and offered no specials, severely limiting our entree options. After we muddled thru dinner, one of us tried to order dessert. Again they were out of something, so we ordered the banana pudding, only to have her return 10 min later with half an embarrassed apology that item was also not available. She offered something else for free, we declined and I complained about how ridiculous the entire meal had been, and asked for the check. Upon her return she said she comped one drink to make-up for everything, nice but too little too late- we won't be back.

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for what you experienced is rare and not up to our standards.

If you wouldn't mind, I would personally like to discuss your experience more with you.

Again, I apologize and hopefully we can mend our relationship and have the opportunity to serve you again.

lowestoft
“Tasty with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Like many restaurants in Alexandria, this isn't cheap but the food was good and the service great. We ate here once but as there are so many good restaurants in the town, you;d be silly not to try as many as you have time for.

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I am glad that we made it on your top lists of great restaurants in Old Town. Especially since you are right.. There are so many restaurants that people in this area must check out!

I myself love Momo Sushi on Queen st. and recommend it often to our hotel guests.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need anything from Jackson 20.

Thank you again for making us one of your recommendations and we look forward to your next visit!

Huntingtown, Maryland
“short ribs melt in your mouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a great dinner experience at the bar in Jackson 20. We were staying overnight to catch a very early flight out of DCA. Sat down at the bar for happy hour and David took care of us. Recommended a wine at 1/2 price on Monday. The recommended two apps and two entries that were all superb. Been to many other restaurants in Old Town and this one does not get the recognition that it should. Must try. We will be back.

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Ever since we changed the BBQ ribs recipe a few months ago, it has became my absolute favorite and I am hooked on the BBQ as my main dipping condiment. Also, If you come in for Lunch on Monday the ribs are $13 and comes with fries and slaw.

It is great to hear you enjoyed David as your bartender and he too will appreciate the kind words.

We look forward to seeing you soon.. perhaps next Monday??

Thanks,

Kabul
“Very average chain hotel food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Folks tend to rave about this place. Beats me why. I regularly hold breakfast meetings here. The food really is no better than sheraton hotel cafe. Always over cooked, spotty service - and more often than not incorrect food presented. Try somewhere else

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!

It is unfortunate that we have not been able to leave such a favorable impression of us with you.

We value our guests comments and concerns and we take their opinions seriously. Without the support and help from people such as yourself, we would not be able to improve our staff training and grow as a successful establishment.

However, we do appreciate you continually chosing Jackson 20 as your breakfast meeting location and look forward to seeing you soon!