“Supremely inconsistent!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
Sarasota, Florida
“Supremely inconsistent!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Kimpton and had continental breakfast included in our rate, which was served at Jackson 20.

We found the inconsistency unbelievable and the staff somewhat surly, unhelpful and unknowledgeable.

- Day 1 - no choices on tea (loose leaf in a pot), no options for not wanting an awful looking muffin and very poor service
- Day 2 - choices for tea (loose leaf in a pot), given the option to exchange the awful looking muffin for toast and also told we could have oatmeal instead of the continental breakfast (we did)... service better
- Day 3 - choices for tea (teabag in a mug), had to ask for toast instead of the muffin and got half as much toast as the day before (1 slice) and when we asked to exchange the continental for oatmeal were told that wasn't possible (eventually they did but it took a while!)... service slow/painful...

All in all, very inconsistent and not that great... maybe they should adopt some standards! ;-)

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hello,

My name is Becky Bray and I am one of the managers at Jackson 20.

I apologize becasue we really dropped the ball with your dining experience.

We do infact have standards but it does not look like they were enforced during your visit.

I have many questions and would like to discuss in more details with you.

Would you mind reaching out to me directly?

I look forward to your response.

Becky Bray

Alexandria
“Restaurant Week”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My date and I randomly chose this restaurant to dine in a couple of weeks ago. They were having restaurant week so we decided to go with that. Our appetizer was very good. I had the shrimp and grits and was pleasantly surprised. I am from the south and have pretty high standards. They were not the best, but they were very good. By the time the cheesecake came, I was pretty full. Good thing because it was just alright. I would give it four stars but the service was REALLY slow. Our waitress was really nice but the kitchen was very slow. I would not be opposed to trying it again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anne J
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and food. It is unfortunate that the cheesecake was not a hit but I do reccommend the fudge for next time.

It is nice to know you would return and we look forward to your next visit. Also, if you need anything or want to discuss your last visit further more please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Thanks,

River Forest, Illinois
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The continental breakfast leaves a great deal to be desired. The fruit plate was great but the coffee too strong and the 'bread' too limited.

Visited August 2013
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing Jackson 20 for breakfast. However, It is unfortunate we didn't leave the best impression with you.

If you visit hotel Monaco again please reach out to me directly and we can set up a breakfast reservation that would hopefully change your mind about the quality of our food and beverages.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

“Jackson 20 is a fave”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good food, great location, excellent for brunch. I'venever had a bad meal here. We've taken family from out of town and everyone has enjoyed. Are there better places in Old Town, sure, but Jackson 20 is a very good choice.

• Visited June 2013
Hello,

Hearing that we are a hit with you as well as your friends and family is a great compliment!

We appreciate your comments and we look forward to your future visits :)
Jeffersonville, New York, United States
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Monaco and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast here. The french toast was delish! The hostess was very friendly and so was the waiter. A must when visiting Alexandria!

• Visited August 2013
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your overall breakfast experience :)

We hope you come back and visit us for your next trip to Alexandria!