“Great Bison Steaks”
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Description: Celebrating Modern Tradition
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great Bison Steaks”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had a nice walk down King St. to the Monaco Hotel for dinner at Jackson 20. We shared a tasty bison steak. Service was prompt and friendly. Nice wine selection.

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us!

We hope to see you soon :)

Northern VA
“fab date night!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Tried this place last month for our monthly date night and loved it! Food was generous and tasted amazing. Staff was knew their food and were incredibly accommodating. Was a special night thanks in part to them!

Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
It's great news that we made such a great impression on your special night!

We look forward to seeing you and your loved one for your future date nights.
Reston, Virginia
“Bad Start - Great Dinner”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We started by asking if we could get a table outside, and if that didnt work at least a window table. Well neither worked out (too long of a story) but in essence there was a couple "camped" outside. The hostess provided complimentary appetizers which was a great way of handling the situation. And the appetizers (fritters and deviled eggs) were wonderful. Great presentation and taste. Our table has the Stroganoff, Fried Chicken, Amish Chicken, and Goat. The stroganoff had a large serving of beef (looked like filet cut). It had a gamey taste and was quite satisfying. The fried chicken was a large serving of fours pieces of chicken. All in all we enjoyed our meals, and went home with leftovers. The waiter spent very little time at our table but we never seemed to wait for anything (maybe he was quite observant without being obtrusive).
Our evening was delightful even with the hiccup, and we were stuffed. Hopefully you too will have the same experience.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place to eat, bad place for a pig!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great place to eat, bad place to be a pig. The memorial of the bronze pig as you enter the restaurant should have been the revelation for me. The chef candied bacon! Oh, my goodness the whole meal was great! I had the shrimp and grits and had to add the greens (just because I am down south) and was very very happy I did! The scallops were also very good.
Will do again and you should do the same!

Visited July 2013
Hello,

My name is Becky Bray and I am one of the managers at Jackson 20.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. The shrimp and grits as well as the scallops are two of my favorite dishes. Next time try the Ribs, not only do you get the greens but it also comes with mac n' cheese.. yum..

If you ever need anything from us or have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

We look forward to your future visit.

Becky Bray

becky.bray@jackson20.com
(703)842-2790
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Terrible service - overpriced menu”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I will start with the positive - the shrimp and grits was amazing. Fried chicken strips good too. The tator tots were weird and tasted like flour was used. The "homemade ketchup" was off and fermenting - it was practically carbonated. We sent that back and they took it off the bill.
The food was the best part. The service was pathetic - we had to ask for everything. Example was ordering a large bottle of house made seltzer water for two... can we have glasses to deink this with, please? Very inexperienced and overwhelmed staff with waiters all over the place like they didn't have stations. Ours was even waiting on people outside. Then the staff and management started arguing right next to our table about who was supposed to take care of what table - it went on long enough that I got up and asked them to please take the bickering into the kitchen... which they did. Need I repeat... service was TERRIBLE.

1 Thank Momwith2boysVN
Hello,

My name is Becky Bray and I am one of the managers at Jackson 20.

I would first like to apologize about your negative experience. It is very disappointing to hear we failed you in many ways.

I would appreciate it if you would email me so I can gain more knowledge about your experience in order to address some serious issues.

I look forward to your response.

Becky Bray