“Don't”
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
Description: Celebrating Modern Tradition
Reviewed April 8, 2013

In a town of incredible restaurants, the only reason to eat at Jackson 20 is if you're staying at the Monaco hotel and you're caught in a massive snowstorm or there's a flood of biblical proportions. The food was just plain lousy, skimpy and cold. I could use the same description for the service...

1  Thank Chollis7
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize that we have not provided you the quality of food and service in the past that we truely feel our guests deserve. If you do not mind sending me an email giving me more information about your negative experiences I wouldl like to resolve these issues and hopefully rebuild our relationship with you. Thank you again and I look forward to your response. becky.bray@jackson20.com

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My first night in Alexandria for business. Got in late so didn't want to wander too far from the Hotel Monaco. Figured I would go to the restaurant in the hotel.

The menu was a bit thin on selection. I chose my entree which was a bit on the pricey side for what I thought I was ordering. The waitress asked if I'd like a salad with my meal. I assumed this was part of the meal judging by the price. I said, 'Sure!"

When the 'salad' came, it was 1/4 of a head of lettuce (A wedge) with a slice of crispy bacon slid in it. Ranch dressing was poured over it. Viola! A 'Salad'.

The entree came and was very good. No complaints there. Then the desert menu came which I figured what the heck... Desert was very good as well.

When all was said and done, between the $9 wedge of lettuce, $22 chicken, $4 soda, and $9 desert, I was creeping up on $50 for one person for dinner.

Certainly not what I was expecting to shell out on my first night of a week long stay in Alexandria for business.

The food was good, but I think the prices were pretty steep!

I have to say, the waitress who took my order seemed a bit taken back on what I was ordering. I felt as though maybe I was a bit 'under classed' to be ordering in this restaurant. I verified this when I went back to the restaurant a few nights later with some friends on my trip. I don't drink and only ordered a soda. My friends all ordered alcoholic beverages. Once again, by 'only' ordering a $4 soda I felt as though maybe I wasn't spending enough.

You be the judge.

1  Thank Couchie_Flies
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My expectations for hotel dining options are usually low. The Kimpton aggressively markets their food service partners so I had higher expectations than normal. I perused the menu prior to my trip but I wasn't overly impressed. The menu has a comfort food feel to it. I ate two meals here, one dinner and one breakfast. Both meals were very good. For dinner I had the Wedge Salad which was spot on. Great presentation, nice balance with the amount of dressing and the house made bacon was a great touch. I also had the BBQ pork sliders which were also well presented, tasty and a great value for $8, Justin at the bar was attentive and helpful in answering any questions I had.
Breakfast was equally as good. I had the Eggs Chesapeake, which I finally decided on. Again, great presentation and flavor, but there seemed to less of a value at breakfast than at dinner. Service was very good. Overall, I am glad Jackson 20 was an exception to the poor hotel dining rule.

1  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is usually very busy on Saturday nights, so I sat at the bar. I ordered a drink and a dessert. I did not finish either because they were not good. The apple thing I ordered seemed like something they took out of a box in the freezer and didn't know how to properly microwave it. Since it is attached to a hotel that I do like a lot, I was rather disappointed because I was not impressed.

2  Thank tclark62
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We take honest comments from people like yourself very seriously. I definitely reccommend giving the Apple Cobbler another try. We make it with farm fresh apples cooked down with juices and spices topped with homemade struesel and Marcona almonds. Our Chef is going to ensure that our freshly made Cobblers are being served at the appropriate temperature from here on out.
It is also unfortunate you had a beverage that you did not enjoy . However, we update our beverage menu with the seasons and with some insight on the flavors you prefer we would definitely love to reccommend one for you in the future that you are sure to enjoy.
We hope this isn't your last impression of Jackson 20 and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I've had the good fortune recently to stay at hotels with excellent restaurants. Anyone at Hotel Monaco has the chance for a great meal right next door. Enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. Meals are well done and presented. I would definitely cone back.

1  Thank GboNC

Thanks so much for your kind remarks, we hope to see you again in the future!