“Overrated”
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
Description: Celebrating Modern Tradition
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is usually very busy on Saturday nights, so I sat at the bar. I ordered a drink and a dessert. I did not finish either because they were not good. The apple thing I ordered seemed like something they took out of a box in the freezer and didn't know how to properly microwave it. Since it is attached to a hotel that I do like a lot, I was rather disappointed because I was not impressed.

2  Thank tclark62
Becky B, Manager at Jackson 20, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We take honest comments from people like yourself very seriously. I definitely reccommend giving the Apple Cobbler another try. We make it with farm fresh apples cooked down with juices and spices topped with homemade struesel and Marcona almonds. Our Chef is going to ensure that our freshly made Cobblers are being served at the appropriate temperature from here on out.
It is also unfortunate you had a beverage that you did not enjoy . However, we update our beverage menu with the seasons and with some insight on the flavors you prefer we would definitely love to reccommend one for you in the future that you are sure to enjoy.
We hope this isn't your last impression of Jackson 20 and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I've had the good fortune recently to stay at hotels with excellent restaurants. Anyone at Hotel Monaco has the chance for a great meal right next door. Enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. Meals are well done and presented. I would definitely cone back.

1  Thank GboNC

Thanks so much for your kind remarks, we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very good service. Food good, especially for a hotel restaurant. Have eaten here a couple of time. Consistent. Can do better in Alexandria though. Columbia Firehouse, right around the corner, comes to mind.

Thank you for your respons! We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I will be sure to share your review with our team.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Loved this restaurant. Down to the sides, the food was perfectly prepared. We received excellent service, even after having to push our reservation back due to traffic. We've added this place to our list of restaurants to frequent in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Early supper for 2 experienced diners: the room was nicely turned out, and very few tables were yet occupied so the kitchen was far from slammed. 1st "bacon & egg" appetizer was disgusting - the pork belly did not have any of the fat rendered and the egg was stone cold so we sent it back. 2nd, we ordered oysters but they were so small that at 2.25 ea, it was embarrassing. Our 3rd app was the charcuterie plate. The flavors were delicious and the presentation was lovely but the meats were sliced less than paper thin. Again, poor value. Noone came by to see if we were happy or not.

It sounds like you didn’t see the value in your meal when dining with us. It pains us to hear negative experiences, but it helps us learn and improve! We would hate for this to be your last visit with us and we would like to invite you back, we won’t fail you twice. We’ll work extra hard to make your meals much more enjoyable in the future.

Please email me directly for a future reservation and I will make sure we take care of you. It’s the least we can do.

becky.bray@jackson20.com