“Great Italian food, affordable and quickly served”
Review of Pines of Florence

Pines of Florence
Ranked #103 of 770 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 2, 2014

...but the service wasn't worth much more than you'd expect for a cheap plate of spaghetti at a counter-top diner. Appetizer, wine, entree and dessert all showed up like instrumented clockwork, and I genuinely liked everything. If the prices weren't so darn good, and the food with such good flavor, I'd be more disappointed in the service. Nobody asked me about my satisfaction at any point during my quick 30 minute in/out experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I'm a firm believer that a sauce makes the dish in an Italian eaterie, and their sauce was both savory and flavorful. Great basic lasagna. The place was almost empty, but I was there at 3:00 p.m. for a very late lunch so didn't think twice. The server was attentive but not intrusive. Great place and can recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

While strolling down King Street I stopped to look at the Pines of Florence menu and was intrigued by the variety of Italian food. A quick look at Tripadvisor reviews and because they were mostly positive decided to have dinner. The Eggplant Lasagna while fantastic. I got a take out of the Meat Lasagna for the significant other back at the hotel. She loved the lasagna too. Price was not bad for King Street. Although not appealing from the outside the food was primo. Definitely a return visit next time in town.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Excellent meat lasagna, fast service and extremelly helpful waiters, specially Johnny who was
the waiter assigned to my table. Reasonably priced Pines of Florence was a superb experience

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The day before we left DC we took our friend out to dinner.
This small Italian restaurant, in Old Town Alexandria is something you need to look for.
Very small, with your typical Italian décor, not too fancy but the food its Delicious!
We started with calamari, and a bottle of red wine.
My entrée of all seafood and penne pasta was big with lots of scallops and lobster.
Our friend had the lobster soup and small dish of spaghetti she mentioned was very good.
My partner had veal and it looked great, and the smell was wonderful, I do not eat red meat, but if I did this dish will be the one. He commented on the veal melting in his mouth.
Try this place; our server was very attentive and friendly great food and prices. I love the fact that the décor is kind of tacky but it does work in this type of restaurant, nice opera music playing in the background as well.

1  Thank Guillermo L