“Tasty breakfast”

Ranked #94 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place was exactly what I wanted for Sunday breakfast. Real food, good coffee, and a relaxed atmosphere. The scrambled eggs were wonderful, the side salad was fresh, the cafe au lait was lovely, and the bread was wonderful! I'd return for breakfast.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are REALLY into organic you will most likely like this place, but we found it too pricey for an omelette and coffee. My husband and I each ordered coffee with our meal. I have to say that I've never drank coffee from a bowl which was a bit weird, but pouring the coffee from a little pot was aggravating because it ran down the side making a messy puddle on the table. The food was good but not worth the $39 (tip included) that it cost us.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Blah.
Not bad, not good.

Mediocre coffee, everyday type baked goods.

When you have excellence in coffee and baked goods just two blocks away south on Washington St, why stop here? This is on the busy E-W street shoppers frequent, so it gets the stop-ins. I see that. Like a Panera.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We've eaten here several times over the years for breakfast and lunch. Service has been, well, European! That is, it is sometimes very professional and stiff, and other times friendly with inexperience. The food is consistently good, but we Americans will likely be dissatisfied with portion size and, therefore, pricing! But the quality of the food, I think, makes up for the cost. I found a core group of people who always seem to come here to enjoy the environment and dine at a more relaxing pace: no laptop toting students or cellphone barking business people. And that's a good thing, especially if you want to enjoy your macaroon and latte! We had the belgian waffle and steel cut oatmeal. Both were tasty and fresh. Then we closed our eyes and drifted off to Europe... somewhere.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband LOVES the sourdough rye. If I do not have it fresh on hand.... The whining begins! He also loves the French baguette. I love the Friday-only challah bread for French toast.