“You have to try the Shrimp Tempura Roll”
Review of Hana Tokyo - CLOSED

Hana Tokyo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I love this restaurant, is one of my favorites, food is always delicious. The restaurant has a sushi bar and some teriyaki tables. I try both but my favorite is the sushi bar. My favorite is the Shrimp Tempura Roll because is super crunchy. The menu has a variety of food to choose from. The atmosphere is quiet and perfect for a dinner with friends. The staff is friendly and attentive. I definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The waitress was so rude and unfriendly. She got my order wrong and then refused to change it at first. She kept saying "but you have the chicken and shrimp!". I ordered the chicken and shrimp- same as I have for 20 years of eating at Japanese steak houses. Finally, she brought the steak and positively gloated when she handed my husband the check with the tip already included, I just don't understand why she was so unpleasant and rude ! Food was average but the nasty service on my birthday dinner ruined it:(.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had dinner at the Hana Tokyo restaurant. Staff is very attentive our our needs and their level of service is very professional and pleasant. Their menu selection is large and easy to read. I loved their food.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great place for wonderful food in Alexandria. The hibachi is hard to beat. Not too crazy about the sushi rolls because they like using cucumber for most everything BUT, it is still pretty tasty. We usually try and hit up Hana Tokyo at least once a month with friends. The service is great, the chef's are always entertaining and the food is phenomenal. :)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I love the sushi here! The hibachi is average, but the sushi and sashimi in the area - hands down. When I lived in the Arlington, VA I would take out from here up to 4 times a week. On this visit back (I'm now in CA) I found the quality to be just as excellent as I've always known it to be.

The service is wonderful, the fish is VERY fresh, and everything you order is made perfectly. I just don't have words for how much I enjoy this restaurant. If you end up here, you must have a spicy tuna roll - I love spicy tuna rolls and have had them all over the country and there's is the best. Last time I ordered 2.