“Our wedding spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aldie Mill Historic Park

Aldie Mill Historic Park
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Aldie
More attraction details
Owner description: Highly recommended for people on their way to Middleburg or other nearby areas.
Virginia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our wedding spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a very intimate wedding ceremony here by the water wheel behind the mill. It's a GORGEOUS old historic building and will likely be a spot we visit for years to come!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JesiA

Fairfax, Virginia
“A little bit of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Discover an old mill. You will learn from the historians the importance of this mill in past and present. They give demonstrations of the grist mill.

Visited October 2012
Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Beautifully restored”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Make sure and stop to see these buildings, even if the site is closed. You can marvel at the beautiful architecture and wander the lovely grounds. A wonderful piece of local history.

Visited April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A working mill with excellent docent: a kernel of Virginia economic and food history on Route 50”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

My friend and I stopped by here only knowing it was a nondescript, modest looking building on the eastbound lane-side of Route 50. An eager and knowledgeable docent greeted us midway through his group tour and answered all our questions afterwards. I agree that it's a "more than I ever wanted to know" (http://www.virginiawind.com/virginia_travel/aldie.asp) situation where I was enthralled to learn about the price of a barrel of grain in the 1800s. I was fascinated to hear about farming and day-to-day living in Virginia and stories of specific individuals. This mill is a concrete way to imagine life for the ordinary person. I would bring children here. One gentle warning is that I'm sure the history shared is rather one-sided, as it always is, but if you can handle watching TV shows and knowing that this is just one perspective, you can handle this tour. The mill features hands-on learning activities. The tour guide seems to love his job and his enthusiasm made my day.

2 Thank travelolution