“Basics”

Aldie Store
Hampton, Virginia
“Basics”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Forgot something, get it here, including clothing. Ribs are good, make sure you get the BBQ sauce. Didn't like the macaroni and cheese.

Visited January 2014

Washington DC
“High pressure BBQ and not going back”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I read an article in the Washington Post about this place about a year ago and decided to stop. As soon as we got to the food counter the owner started telling us of all the prepared meats the ribs were the best and why and the spices and the meat falls off the bone. He provided a sample which was ok. The rest was downhill ... he tried to pressure us into buying multiple slabs and why. At that point I was done, especially when I asked how much the ribs cost ($22). I told him it was too expensive and that we would try the chicken instead ($10 with 2 sides). The chicken was just ok. I hope the owner changes his approach or he will not have any repeat customers. I won't be going back.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank MeEncantaTravel
virginia
“Drive right by this place”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were lured by the smell of the BBQ cooking outside the vintage country store. Our first hint was that the inside of the store was hot and dirty - the food is in the back of the store. The chef/server/clerk was more like a used car salesman - he had quite the patter trying to convince us to try the ribs. We fell for it, placed our order and proceeded to sit at the fly covered picnic table outside. The ribs were undercooked and tough. The sides of mashed potatoes, cole slaw, overcooked beans and mac and cheese were something off a cheap buffet. The food is just bad....what a waste of $28.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Virginiabellarella
Stone Ridge, VA
“Do not waste your money”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stopped on our way home because we had read an article in WashPost about this establishment. My first impression was that the store was dirty. The food is all the way in the back. The cashier/cook/salesman was trying to push the ribs. He gave us a taste that was very good. We ordered one slab to take home. The cost was about $22 for one slab. He kept pushing us to buy more buy the slabs are really big so we decided on only one.

I am glad we only had one. The meat on the rib was tough, tasteless and clearly old meat. It tasted like lighter fluid and were very greasy. I ate one rib and felt sick (I was sick the rest of the night). I ended giving my dog some of the rib meat but it looks like it also made her sick.

I will avoid this place. For good barbecue go to Willard's, Carolina Brothers or Famous Dave's.

• Visited June 2013
Lorton, Virginia
“Absolute worst!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stopped by last Friday and picked up a rack of ribs. The proprietor was talking so fast and non-stop that I could not understand him. I did hear "fall off the bone..." which would not be accurate. The ribs were tough as shoe leather and tasted terrible. After eating three ribs off the rack, I sliced off some meat for the dog and threw the rest out. Total waste!! Save your time and money - do not go here. For real BBQ, try Red, Hot and Blue in Leesburg.

• Visited April 2013